GameArter Work Summary | Year 2018
Best way to realize working productivity is to get a ratio of spent time vs created results. On basis of transparency — one of our basic values— we decided to share our working summary not only with people connected in the system, but with the wider public. Thus, since September 2018, this is where everyone can get information about work we did in past months.
December brought significant cut of advertising revenue (this affected most publishers of browser based games). CPMs were very low comparing to previous months and also with historic data for December. The revenue decrease was reflected retroactively also back to November where we got huge deduction (50%) of video ads revenue (Google ads for games service). From one of the highest CPMs in the market, we delivered only average results for developers in past 2 months of 2018.
Due to the decrease in revenue, paid promotion of games in GameArter network stopped to be profitable and thus was paused for December.
Since December we have been focused on improving results of video advertising revenues. By various adjustment we decreased revenue deductions for invalid clicks and have done piece of work related to Ad Exchange. All these steps will continue also for next months with a goal to increase CPMs from displayed ads.
In a matter of in-app purchases we are technically ready to launch this service by the end of January 2019.
11 Released games
Game releases were paused in December. We felt the need to analyze the decrease and deduction in advertising revenue before we would put developers in a risk of next deductions. Thus, every developer could choose whether he wants to release his game immediately, or wait for result of our investigation. Here’s list of 11 released games:
- Soccer Physics 2 | 2D soccer game
- Gangster Wars | 3D shooter game.
- PEAL — Blocky Dolphin Tale | Fish adventure game.
- Blocky Rabbit Tower | A logic platform game.
- Police Car Town Chase | a player is being pursued by cars he must to avoid.
- MotoGP Racing Championship | Ride with a motorbike on a circuit.
- Volleyball | Classic 2D head volleyball game.
- Dog’s Garder | Dog simulator.
- Legends Head Soccer | classic 2D multiplayer head soccer game.
Games powered by GameArter were played 12,4M times by 4,4M users.
- Added new metrics to developer panel for simple check of games health
- Release of our game Taxi City which show options of GameArter's SDK.
- Minor changes in our loading screen for games.
- Added option to follow developers. This feature allows to build close relationship between players and developers. Currently in beta on PacoGames.
- GameArter Slack became more public. Developers can post feedback for other games and vote for requested improvements.
20 Released games
- Streets Of Anarchy: Fists Of War | 2D street fighting game
- City Bus Simulator | Free ride with a bus.
- Dinosaur VS Zombie | Classic run game with a task to avoid obstacles.
- Fighter Aircraft Pilot | Aircraft simulator. Allows to play missions as well as enjoy free flight.
- Ships of War
- Masked Forces 3 | 3D FPS Multiplayer
- Wind Archer | Archery game. Kill before you are killed.
- Combat Blocky Strike | 3D multiplayer FPS in pixel graphics
- Shoot Your Nightmare: Halloween Special | Halloween 3D FPS.
- NAM — BARE FEET IRON WILL | 3D multiplayer shooter.
- Heavy Muscle Cars Offroad | Simple drive with monster truck.
- Battle Royal Online | 3D FPS in cartoon style.
- Slenderman Must Die: Silent Streets | 3D FPS. Find hidden papers and kill the Slender.
- Wendigo:The Evil That Devours | 3D Horror game.
- SILENT INSANITY P.T. — PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA | 3D first person psycho game.
- Squirrel Hero & Robots | 2D adventure.
- Extreme Battle Pixel Royale | 3D FPS multiplayer shooter.
- Offroader V6 | Free ride with various cars in various maps.
- Motorbike Rider | Free ride on motorbike in the desert.
- Taxi city | 3D driving simulator of a taxi driver's life.
Games powered by GameArter were played 11,5M times by 4,1M users.
- Open source tool for incomes recovery of users using Ad blocker tools.
- Start of development of SDK for HTML5 games.
- Considerable progress in our game which we develop with a goal to bring quality game on web + to get better understanding of developers needs.
- Implemented new feature for Assets management into SDK for Unity. This feature allows users save and manage self-created game content. Such self-created content is property of its author which can decide what permissions other users have regarding the property. On basis of permissions, other users can such property use, modify, duplicate, and rate. Designed for games which are created by players themselves.
- Re-enabling of warning messages at websites publishing games in contrary to terms for their sharing. Games are limited in their running.
- Publishers can take claim for income share from upcoming in-game purchases.
18 Released games
- Soldiers 5: Sudden Shot | 3D FPS multiplayer.
- Spaceship Arena | Spaceship adventure with space aircrafts
- Zombie Avenue | Driving game with armed cars
- Extreme Buggy Car: Dirt Offroad | Simple driving game
- Shadowless Man | 2D logic game
- Airbus Pilot Flight | Simple flying game
- Magic Arena Multiplayer | 3D Fighting game
- WorldCraft 2 | Simple building game in Minecraft style
- City Car Drift | Simple driving game
- Shadowless Man 2 | 3D version of Shadowless Man
- Extreme Pixel Gun Apocalypse 3 | 3D multiplayer shooter in Minecraft graphics
- Bandits Multiplayer PVP | 3D adventure game
- Flight Instructor: Above The Mountains | Simple 3D flying game
- Crazy Shoot Factory | Multiplayer 3D shooter game
- Air Fight | Simple 3D flying game
- Dog Rush Runner | Dog trying to avoid obstacles. 2D.
- DRIFT KIN | 3D Skill Driving game.
- Deadly Space Stories: A.I. Gone Bad | 3D retro shooter game.
Games powered by GameArter were played 11,7M times by 4,2M users.
- Release of Full SDK for Unity. For more info, see documentation.
- Ready to use leaderboards feature for games.
- Automatic tracking of user losses in games. Data are displayed in GameArter dashboard, section Reports/playability.
- SDK extended about new type of events with direct connection to in-app purchases.
- Customization of game listing at PacoGames.com leading to new options of GameArter games promotion.
3 Written articles:
- Protection of games and apps from piracy
- Right way of Game Distribution in our opinion
- Importance of loading time + best practices to increase percentage of successful loads
12 Released games:
- Motorbike Neon City | Simple game with a goal to avoid obstacles
- The Plums | Cartoon fighting game
- Uncontrolled Part 1 | Adventure horror game containing a story
- Insurgents 2 | Sophisticated 3D FPS multiplayer game
- Xtreme Offroad Car Racing 4x4 | Racing game with off-road cars
- Royale Forces | 3D FPS multiplayer
- Rocket Car Rally | Ride with a rocket on a rally track
- Police Car Offroad | Simple free ride with a police car.
- Toon Shooters | 3D FPS multiplayer in a cartoon graphics
- Counter Battle Strike SWAT | 3D FPS with zombies. Singleplayer missions + Multiplayer.
- V8 Racing | Retro racing game in HTML5
- Pixel Police Gun | 3D FPS with Minecraft graphics
Games powered by GameArter were played 11,9M times by 4,1M users.