The Google Developers Group (GDG) Philippines, a group of enthusiastic Filipino developers interested to learn more about new technologies, proudly brings you the I/O Extended Roadshow 2018. To give you a short background of the event, I/O Extended Roadshow was patterned from Google I/O — an annual software developer-focused conference which features a keynote on the latest updates and announcements by Google. The conference hosts in-depth sessions focused on building web, mobile, and enterprise applications.
Central to the GDG Philippines’ capacity building effort, the I/O Extended Roadshow 2018 aims to bring the Google I/O experience to various cities across the country. The team is excited to meet different enthusiastic individuals who are interested to learn, explore, and build apps using Google Technologies. These series of events provide the selected participants highlights on Android, State of Web, Machine Learning, Actions on Google, Firebase and Cloud with breakout sessions of each in the afternoon. Other latest technology updates will also be provided by invited Googlers, industry experts, and GDG Leads.
Google I/O Extended Roadshow 2018 is the widest roadshow, yet. Bringing the I/O experience to 6 cities garnered a total of 2, 414 participants of various professions: academes, developers, enthusiast and most of the partition are students. The event was attended by 876 women, 36.29% of the total count.
After the talks in the morning, the event let the attendees experience the technologies discussed. Below is the summary of how each session went.
The main highlight of the event this year is that Google Developer Experts were invited to share their knowledge in Firebase, Kotlin, Machine Learning and Web. A total of 4 GDEs, 2 from Google Singapore and Philippines, respectively, and 9 developers expert in Web, Firebase, Google Assistant and Material Design were invited.
Press Mentions/ Blog Posts/ Media Coverage
- Coverage by Adobo Magazine during Google I/O Extended Roadshow Manila: #iomanila: https://twitter.com/adobomagazine/status/1015503011244724224
- Cavite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6ZcF8NzUQ
- Manila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fei5brrHkXU
- Pampanga: https://www.facebook.com/theaccesspoint/videos/2016814665059588/
- Albay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVi8Bl5P5uM
- Naga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvIz3PTscQE
- Cavite: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1253918928073369&type=1&l=834a89b47a
- Manila: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1268958973236031&type=1&l=4832f08c5d
- Pampanga: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MddeRucmbebWhWX56
- Palawan: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1295419717256623&type=1&l=1c11544a98
- Albay: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1315029091962352&type=1&l=643a5ebe31
- Naga: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1315039178628010&type=1&l=90bebbf1d2
Thank you ❤
The team could not thank enough all the partners and people who have played an important role in making this event a successful one. From every member of the team who gave time and all their efforts, to distinguished speakers who shared their precious time with us, to our generous sponsors, school partners and energetic participants. Thank you!
We hope to see everyone again in our future events!
Connect with us: