Global Education Leaders to Headline Summit at Edmodo
Global Leadership Week Starts April 25th
Global Leadership Week (GLW) is a weeklong celebration of leadership through global action in K-12 education taking place April 25–29, 2016. GLW is an opportunity for global education leaders to learn from one another and share effective principles in leadership, particularly within the context of an interconnected, global age.
During Global Leadership Week, leaders in schools, universities, non-profit organizations, and corporations will design and host virtual events to showcase thought leadership. The global education community at large can choose to participate in these online activities by browsing event listings on the GLW website. Stay tuned our calendar populates during the next month!
During GLW, the Global Education Conference (GEC) Network will be hosting two major events. The Global Leadership Summit will be an invitational, face-to-face convening at Edmodo’s headquarters in San Mateo, California on April 25th.
Additionally, the GEC is producing the Global Leadership Day virtual conference on April 26th which will feature thought leaders at all levels. These events will be streamed and recorded for the public; subsequent recordings will be used as living artifacts to continually inspire leaders. All events will be free of charge to attendees.
The education public can actively participate in any of the following four ways.
- Virtually watch our face-to-face international networking event at Edmodo’s headquarters on Monday, April 25 from 4 PM — 7 PM PST (UTC-7). The summit itself is an invite-only event.
- Listen to presentations online and engage with various global education thought leaders on Global Leadership Day, Tuesday, April 26 from noon — 4 PM PST (UTC-7). These sessions will highlight leadership practices from a range of experts. Event tracks will focus on State/National/International Leadership, District Leadership, Teacher Leadership, Classroom Leadership, Teacher Education, Corporate and Nonprofit Leadership.
- Design and host a virtual event focused on global education leadership during the week of April 25th. We will post your event on our website’s calendar. If your organization is a sponsor or a non-profit, we will promote your event through social media.
- Attend any of the aforementioned virtual events hosted by participating schools and organizations and follow all the action on social media using the hashtag #globaled16.
This event is brought to you by people and organizations who believe in the power of globally connected learning. GLW is organized by the Global Education Conference Network, Flat Connections, GlobalEdLeader, Global Oneness Project, iEARN-USA, the Learning Revolution Project, and VIF International Education.
Our generous sponsors are VIF International Education, Edmodo, Google, TES, the Wonderment, iEARN-USA, the Global Campaign for Education — US Chapter, and Otus, and we are grateful for their support and involvement.
Invited Panelists for the Global Leadership Summit at Edmodo
- Jaime Casap, Chief Education Evangelist, Google
- Betsy Corcoran, CEO, EdSurge
- Tony Jackson, Vice President for Education, The Asia Society
- Amy Lin, Co-Founder, Blendspace
- Vibhu Mittal, CEO, Edmodo
- Dana Mortenson, Executive Director, World Savvy
- Jennifer Russell, Director of Education, iEARN-USA
- Cleary Vaughan-Lee, Education Director, Global Oneness Project
- Brandon Wiley, President, GlobalEdLeader
- Esther Wojcicki, Educator, Palo Alto High School
- David Young, CEO, VIF International Education