15 lessons I wish I had known when I was 18
I turned 28, every day is an opportunity to keep learning new things.
Here are some of the mistakes I realized lately, however it’s never too late if you understand them today and start doing your best from today.
#1 Invest in writing skills
- This is the №1 Soft skill that matters the most as you climb up the ladder.
- Writing is the best way to communicate.
- It will force you to keep thinking and keep your brain active.
#2 Invest in building a personal brand
- It helps you to build a reputation.
- You double down the opportunities and trust factor.
- Signals credibility to search engines.
- You will be surprised to see the impact of it as people start noticing you.
#3 Consistency can do wonders
- If you can be consistent, there is a possibility that you will succeed.
- It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed before.
- Not all days are the same, At the end of the day what matters the most is you keep moving.
#4 Never stop learning
- Keep learning new things.
- Don’t stop once you master one skill.
- Learning new skills is like a software upgrade to your brain, the day to stop is the day depreciation starts.
#5 Don’t reply on Luck Factor
- Remember starting something is the entry fee for getting lucky. And then working harder gets you more tickets so that you win the lottery!
- If you only rely on luck you are doing it wrong!
#6 Don’t give up
- Drop by Drop water is filled inside the bucket.
- If you stop, you will never get what you ever wanted.
- Take breaks when you feel low instead.
#7 Invest in building portfolio
- This is the biggest favor you can do for yourself.
- Your work matters the most in 2021.
- If you don’t show off your work, people will never know your value.
#8 Overnight success is a scam
- Never fall for this.
- Building things take time. Keep the momentum going!
- Failing overnight is possible but success isn’t.
#9 Your company matters
- Surround yourself with people who are making better progress than you.
- This will force you to keep doing better.
- If your company isn’t great and talking about growth it’s time to think.
#10 Be Confident
- One thing that you will need more than any form of cash, equity, or asset. It’s Confidence!
- If you don’t believe in yourself, No one ever will.
#11 Now Matters
- Tomorrow is overrated and Today is underrated.
- Start taking action faster, Never ever wait for the right time.
- That time will never come.
#12 Keep Hustling
- It will be worth it one day to keep moving.
- Your efforts will never go in vain, It matter about going ahead even when you don’t feel like it.
- That’s the point where growth happens
#13 Dream Big
- The quickest way to kill a big dream is to introduce it to a small mind.
- Think positive, Take calculated risks.
- Thinking of your dream is instant motivation.
#14 Learn to say NO
- Being able to say no is a great way to say no to stress and burnout.
- It is very important to say no to the right things so you have the time and energy to say yes to the things that really matter.
#15 Be Independent
- Independence is a great feeling.
- You know you don’t have to rely on anyone else to make you happy.
Thanks for stopping by and reading this article. I hope you found something interesting.
If you like my content I’m active on Twitter @MakadiaHarsh. I tweet about web development, no-code, and low-code hacks to make developer’s life easy.
Happy learning! 💻 😄