Some Cool GitHub Actions You Won’t Believe Exists
With GitHub Actions, you can automate, customize, and execute your software development workflows right in your repository. You may find, create, and distribute actions for any job you want to do, including CI/CD, and combine actions in a fully customized workflow.
In this Article, I am going to discuss Some Cool GitHub Actions You Won’t Believe Exists.
- Hashnode Blog: You can use this GitHub Action to fetch & display your latest blog posts From Hashnode on your profile or project README.
- Medium Post: You can use this GitHub Action for posting a markdown post to Medium.
- Post to Medium Action: This GitHub Action allows you to automatically create a new Medium post with Markdown or HTML.
- Publish to dev.to: You can use this GitHub Action to publish markdown files as articles on dev.to platform, with assets hosted on GitHub.
- TheActionDev: This GitHub Action allows you to write & maintain dev.to articles without touching the dev.to UI.
For Content Creators
- YouTube-Videos-As-Posts: This GitHub Action update all the videos, title, and description available inside the channel into the posts in Jekyll site structure everyday automatically. No need to manually do any step after posting any new video in YouTube, it will be updated in website on next day.
- Upload Episode from YouTube To Anchor.Fm: This GitHub Action will upload an audio file from a given YouTube video automatically to your Anchor.fm account. It is very useful in a scenario where you have a YouTube account and also a podcast over Spotify, Anchor.fm, Play Music, iTunes etc.
- Ebook convert action: You can use this GitHub Action for converting eBooks in several formats. The action supports conversions between many file types i.e.: DOCX, EPUB, HTML, PDF, RTF, TXT…
Some More Actions
- Push notification on Whatsapp: A GitHub action which sends a WhatsApp message when code is pushed to a repository.
- Twitter, together!: This GitHub Action uses text files to post tweets from a GitHub repository for Open Source or event maintainers who share a project Twitter account. GitHub’s pull request review mechanism, rather than tweeting directly, encourages increased collaboration, Twitter engagement, and editorial input by allowing anyone to submit a tweet draft to a project.
- Notion2Github: Automatic synchronization from Notion to GitHub.
- Profile Readme Development Stats: Are you an early bird or a night owl? When are you most productive during the day? What are languages you code in? This GitHub Action updates everything in your profile README.
GitHub Actions are such a productive tool that I have decided to use one of the above Actions in my GitHub while writing this blog. Could You guess? Which one.
If You ❤️ My Content! Connect Me on Twitter