FileMaker + Node.js Equals Awesome
In the video, I cover a lot of ground trying to make the point that node and it’s huge ecosystem work really well together. Its pretty high level. I don’t dive into lots of detail. I am just trying to show what’s possible. Here are some of the things I show in the live coding section.
- Create a simple web server with just raw node.js
- upgrade that server to Express.js
- deploy that to the cloud using now from zeithq.com
- upgrade it again to a feathers.js server
- connect that server to a FileMaker Server using feathers filemaker
- construct a simple react.js app from components
- connect that react.js app to our feathers server
- demonstrate a web socket connection
Originally published at Geist Interactive.