Focus on Upwork. If Preseed is able to grow its business on Upwork then it will lead to an increase in revenue generation which will result in your and Gencosys’s growth. Anuj Wadhwa will monitor your performance and keep track of your progress.
Nishchal’s message to his EA
This article sums up the skills and attributes required for the post of EA. Corporate Executive Assistant positions demand competence and aptitude as the role calls for a good grasp of business operations. The following job description provides an overview of the expectations and outlines the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so that job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
- Probation Period: You and your team will be on probation for a period of three months from the date of your appointment. On satisfactory completion of the probation period, you will be confirmed in service. If not confirmed after three months, it is deemed approval for continuing the service of the company, and your compensation will start after the end of the probation period.
- Working Hours: Your working hours will be from 10 a.m. to 6:30 pm, as per the current company policy, but not limited to that. The company observes a 6 day work week. Since you are also a stakeholder in the company, don’t make yourself time-bound. Work as much as the company needs you to. Your commitment to work, your growth, and the company’s growth are all interlinked. You will conduct your duties best when you match the hard work of your boss, who works here timelessly and tirelessly with optimism and a single-minded focus on serving the higher purpose of the company.
- Leave: You will be governed by the current Leave Policy of Gencosys for permanent employees.
Casual Leave: Casual Leave (CL) are granted for certain unforeseen situations or where you are required to go for one or two days’ leave to attend to personal matters and not for vacation. In case of casual leave normally the company’s strict maximum to 3 days in a month. In such cases, the person has to take permission in advance.
- Casual Leave can be taken for a minimum of 0.5 to a maximum of 3 days.
- As per the rules under The Shops and Establishment Act, you are entitled to 7 days of Casual Leave.
- There are no casual leave carry-forwards. At the closing day of the year, any unused Casual Leaves will lapse automatically.
- Casual leave is not encashable. At the end of the year, unused Casual Leaves lapse automatically.
- Can not be appended with Earned/Privilege Leave or Sick Leave.
Sick/Medical Leave: Employers provide sick leaves to employees when they are ailing. Some organizations ask for a medical certificate to grant sick leave. Others don’t deem it necessary. The specifications are although determined by the company’s administration. As per the rules under The Shops and Establishment Act, you are entitled to 14 days of Sick Leave.
Leave without pay: If a person does not have any leave to his balance and the situation warrants him to take the leave, the leave is granted by the Company as loss of pay or which may be adjusted against the future leave or as a special case the special paid leave based on the person contribution to the Company at management discretion.
Public Holidays: Employees are entitled to paid days-off during Festival (public and religious) holidays. There are many festivals and religious holidays in India however Republic Day (January 26), Independence Day (August 15) and Gandhi Jayanti (October 2) are the three national holidays observed in India. On these days all institutions, irrespective of under which law they are covered, or whether they are public or private organizations or MNCs should necessarily remain closed. The festival holidays are decided based on the local festival of that locality and are granted to the employees in accordance with the company policies.
6. Travel and Other Expenses: Whenever you are required to undertake travel or other expenses on Company work and Company behalf, you will be reimbursed the expenses as per record presented by you to the Company. You will be required to furnish these details monthly to a director for approval, once approved, you may withdraw that amount from the Preseed bank that has been given to you to handle.
8. Code of conduct, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- You will work as a messenger for Mr. Nishchal Kesarwani.
- You will put the email signature for the email id provided to you as EA to Nishchal Kesarwani whenever required.
- You will use your actual and a simple photo wherever a user account requires a photo.
- If you or anyone from your team remove yourself from any workgroup as an emotional reaction — you will be penalized more than your one month’s fee.
- If you are found to misbehave with Nishchal even once, you will not be given any shares in the company. If your behavior is thoroughly professional and you are finishing tasks on time, only then will you be given shares and salary. This is about Preseed and we won’t take disrespect of our boss lightly. Also if your conduct is good for one year, without a single instance of misbehavior, we will revise your salary.
- Don’t miss calls or messages that come for Nishchal or Preseed for more than 2 hours. This is a very important part of the job of an EA.
- Publication — Medium Support: (a) Be curious about the homepage setting section. And also always look at things by opening them as if a new user is opening it. (b) If Nishchal evolves any write-up on the medium blog then ensure the relevant changes are accounted for on its counterpart Google document too and vice versa.
- Ensure that the docs which are in Anas’s folders or Amit Srivastava’s Google drive folders are not in Nishchal’s Google drive but are definitely shared with you from their drives.
- Acting as the first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Managing diaries and organizing meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager/executive.
- Ensuring the office is clean and ready before any meeting in the Delhi office — for that properly coordinate with the housekeeping staff.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport, and accommodation.
- Organizing events and conferences.
- Reminding the manager/executive of important tasks and deadlines.
- You will also act as a media manager wherein you will monitor, manage and update content on Preseed’s media. The job entails you to think like a creative artist/a film director/an author — Nishchal’s shadow at this. You have to understand the creative process and provide content that engages with our audience and touches not only their minds but also their hearts. Always structure your text for easy reading online. To say the least, make it simple for them to understand exactly what you are trying to say on Preseed/Nishchal’s behalf. You have to consider a top-down approach where Nishchal’s opinion matters more than yours in media, so do as he says, by keeping your ego/identity out of the process. Having said that, please use your beautiful mind above and beyond this brief for the good of Preseed. For most of the times, he would expect you to just proceed from the moment you receive any media-worthy content from him. Always look to grow our Facebook page — you have been made the admin of that, invite people there. Generally, that would be true for any media channel of ours from Facebook to YouTube to Twitter.
- You have to be very mindful of whatever Nishchal is speaking in any WhatsApp Workgroup or to anybody because most of the time, they are lessons in what he is trying to speak to the other person and those lessons are what you need to pick out and place in the medium blogs.
- If you are not present in any staff meeting, you must still ensure that you have received the voice recording of that meeting. Keep yourself in the loop of how does it affect Nishchal that meeting, and the rest of the team and the company, so you are up to date over addressing Nishchal’s concern.
- Make sure that the way Nishchal is expressing something to you which is to be written, it needs to be expressed exactly like that or as close to that as possible without missing anything.
9. Notice Period: While on probation, this appointment may be terminated by any party after giving One day notice by the director by way of a written message on WhatsApp, email or anywhere, or One day salary in lieu of notice period.
Upon confirmation, this appointment may be terminated by any party after giving thirty days’ advance notice or thirty days’ salary in lieu of the notice period.
If you resign from your job responsibilities immediately without any notice, you have to pay one month’s salary to the company and if the company terminates your services immediately without any notice, the company will pay one month’s salary to you.
10. Transfer: You will be liable to be transferred to any other department or establishment or branch or subsidiary of the Company in India or abroad. In such a case, you will be governed by the terms and conditions of service as applicable to the new assignment, if you accept.
11. Other work: Your position with the Company calls for whole-time employment as guided by Mr. Nishchal Kesarwani and you will devote yourself exclusively to the business of the Company. You will not take up any other work for remuneration (part-time or otherwise) or work on advisory capacity or be interested directly or indirectly (except as shareholder) in any other trade or business during your employment with the Company, without written permission from Mr. Nishchal Kesarwani.
12. Conflict of Interest: You will not seek a full time or part-time job or be involved in any way with competitor’s business activities either directly or indirectly during your employment with the Company and for a period of 12 months in the event of cessation of your employment with the Company.
13. Confidential Information: You will not, at any time, without the consent of the Company disclose or divulge or make public except under legal obligation, any information regarding the Company’s affairs of administration or research carried out, whether the same may be confided to you or become known to you, in the course of your service or otherwise.
All information regarding the employer, the employer’s family, and the employer’s domestic or personal circumstances is strictly confidential and cannot be discussed with a third party without the Employer’s specific permission, or in an emergency situation.
The employer will hold personal identifiable information about you as personnel records. The employer will abide by the Data Protection act and disclose this information only to the relevant third parties e.g. HR of the company.
14. Contract/Bond with Previous Employers: It will be your personal responsibility to discharge all your obligations arising out of any contract or bond with previous employers.
15. On termination: On termination of this contract, you will immediately give up to the Company all correspondence, specifications, formulae, books, documents, market data, cost data, literature, drawings or records, etc. belonging to the Company or relating to its business and shall not make or retain any copies of these items.
16. Retirement Age: The normal retirement age for all employees is 60 years.
17. General: The above terms and conditions are based on Company Policy, Procedures and other Rules and Regulations currently applicable to the Company’s employees and are subject to amendments and adjustments from time to time.
If ever, you decide to switch to a new industry or access another opportunity that we don’t offer, then the replacement needs to be trained directly by you. For your replacement to succeed and effectively fit in at the job, you need to provide him/her a thorough, objective and helpful training experience.
Please convey your acceptance of the offer and the terms and conditions attached thereto by signing the copy of this letter and returning the same to the company within a period of seven days from receipt hereof.
For Preseed Ventures P. Ltd.
I accept the above offer of the post of Personal Assistant with all the terms and conditions attached thereto and shall join formally after my probation period end to Nishchal’s satisfaction on 1st June, 2019. I further acknowledge that I am aware that directors in the company reserve the right to alter my roles and responsibilities from time to time in the best interest of the company.
— — — — — — — —
- Be a bridge between Preseed and its investors.
- You have to be very mindful of whatever Nishchal is speaking in any WhatsApp, Telegram and/or Slack Workgroup/personal chat or to anybody because most of the times, they are lessons in what he is trying to speak to the other person and those lessons are what you need to pick out and place in the medium blogs.
- You have to pay attention to all the media that we are collecting, it is being titled well to the cause of the branding of Preseed and Nishchal and none of the topics is missed by you. The titling is also done with that perspective in mind of the media which is getting collected.
- You have to take daily updates from the Chattodo team.
We get to mobile. The web happens first often times like we did in case of www.todoed.co for riding on the laptop as a user device we lay a solid backend and get the product validated from there. And in the process, the mobile team is found and the mobile rendering of that back end starts. Here is my general pitch to those who are interested in creating mobile deployments for products being built at Preseed Web Lab.
Be swift at creating wireframes! Take leadership spot from day 1. Get to results already. If we have indicated to you that we may want to team up with, we already may have liked your spirit already. Thank you for suggesting your intent towards working with us.
So after the stage of working versions on android and iOS used by at least 10% of our active users on the web, expect my feedback or any further developments on the mobile version and not at all before. However, I trust your instincts and would be only too happy that you just keep making the real stuff without waiting for feedbacks or approvals. The need of the hour is to have the version you think should be the first version on mobile. Not what I think. The next versions could be about what I think or what we think collectively. But now is about you.
This allows the rest of us to stay focused on our current set of priorities like through this month for www.todoed.co — for @ansal chrome extension, as is, to be perfected is the priority. For raj, coordinating the team is. For me, investment is, for your android/ios is. And each one of us continues to focus on our own deliverables while being in harmony with others in the team.
So create for the current version, what your vision is for our product on Android/iOS and we will get further talking after that. Have faith. Trust the plan. Trust the captain. If you can’t do that, you might as well not want to be in such a team.
This will serve us well as a team already. We are most likely got to be heading out to raise our first investment in the next 45 days of your starting the mobile development. If we can achieve the android and iOS first version for Todoed without my further intervention, in the least amount of time, it would serve the plan to raise meaningful investment well, timely, and with focus.
Also thereafter, please be open to feedback from me, such that you are not discomforted even if the complete design was to be altered, in the best interest of Todoed. Be floaty.
So in short, count me out of day to day action of the mobile for the next 45 days. My day to day will be about incorporation, team building, marketing and investment matters. These following days for me is about slide decks, documents and presentations. While I trust, you will look after Android like a boss already! I will be back here or slack channels at will, as and when required. On our slack channel, feel free to mention me, but don’t expect a response from me, to allow me my razor sharp focus into investment-related matters through this month.
So, I want first versions on Android to be the first points of touch with me from here on. I have said and written enough already to put my thoughts forth the next phase of development.
Over to you guys.