How to Buy genEOS Tokens with ETH
You can buy genEOS tokens two ways: during a current distribution window or one in the future. Note: the minimum contribution amount is 0.01 ETH.
Purchasing Tokens During a Present Distribution Period
Buying tokens during a current genEOS distribution period is as easy as ABC. All you need to do is send your ETH from a compatible wallet directly to the genEOS distribution contract.
Buying genEOS Tokens an Upcoming Distribution Period
To participate in a distribution window that will take place in the future, use the BuyWithLimit function in the genEOS distribution contract.
Here is how this function works: you select a future distribution period where you want to take part and specify the ETH amount you want to invest in it. The function will buy genEOS tokens when the selected distribution window goes live.
Why use Metamask?
Metamask is a browser extension that acts as a gateway between the Ethereum blockchain and standard browsers, facilitating the adoption of Etherium. Acting as an ETH wallet, it allows users to make Ethereum transactions through regular websites.
Users can send, receive, and buy Ethereum and Ethereum-compatible tokens directly through this plugin.
Unlike other wallets, it is easy-to-install and easy-to-use. An investment can be made in a few minutes after Metamask is installed since this extension has all the necessary functionality to invest in a current or future window, while other wallets (e.g., MEW) involve multiple additional steps.
Investing with Metamask
Take the following steps to buy genEOS tokens:
1. Install the extension. You can download it here.
- Accept User Agreement.
- Accept Privacy Notice and Phishing Warning.
- Create an account by entering a strong password and confirming it.
- Save the generated vault.
- That’s it! Now you have an Ethereum wallet on Metamask.
If you have already installed Metamask, simply unlock it.
3. On the interface page, hit the ‘Get genEOS tokens’ button
4. Select a distribution period you want to send your ETH to.
5. Enter the amount of ETH you want to invest in the selected window into the ‘Send ETH’ field.
6. When complete, click the ‘Send ETH’ button.
7. A new Metamask window will pop up. To eliminate a slow transaction that may stuck pending without being mined, double check that the gas price is high enough. There’s a preset GAS Price value but you can change it if needed. For the present gas prices, access https://etherscan.io/chart/gasprice
8. Confirm the Metamask transaction.
Sending ETH from Other Wallets
You may also invest from another compatible wallet. What does it mean? To be compatible, a wallet must support the ‘claim’ method related to the genEOS token distribution contract.
Please never use Jaxx or an exchange-powered wallet for participating in the crowdsale.
Purchasing genEOS Tokens Via Exchanges
Do not purchase via an exchange. genEOS tokens purchased via an exchange will be registered in the Ethereum address of the exchange, not your own, and you may never receive your tokens or be able to retrieve them.
Investing with Fiat
If you want to make a fiat investment, please create a support ticket at https://geneos.freshdesk.com/support/home
Subscribe to genEOS social channels: