Geode Mountaineers Make Their Way to AVAX Summit
The Geode Finance team has begun the long trek to the famed 2022 Avalanche Summit in Barcelona, Spain. We’re extremely excited to get to network with other innovators in the Avalanche community and experience everything this daring escapade has to offer.
Members of our Software Development & Biz Dev rope team will be on site traversing the metaphorical glaciers with other brave explorers and adventure-seekers from all around the globe, including members of the Yield Yak & Eden Network teams.
Should all things go as planned, we estimate this journey will take place over 6 days from March 22nd — 27th, 2022. Despite blustering breezes and a high chance of precipitation, we’re confident we can weather the storm and make our way to the top of the mountain.
Alpine Club Alpha
The 2022 Avalanche Summit is a conference for developers, researchers, dream-makers, and fungineers building on the Avalanche blockchain. While there, attendees will learn about the latest Avalanche platform updates, meet like-minded Web3 innovators in the space, and pick up some serious alpha along the way.
As you can imagine, there will be a number of well-respected DeFi mountaineers readied at various outposts and markers set to guide us on our journey. Some of these noteworthy pioneers include:
- Emin Gün Sirer — CEO of Ava Labs
- Stani Kulechov — Founder & CEO at Aave Companies
- Tascha Che — Founder of Tascha Labs
- Sergey Nazarov — Co-Founder of Chainlink
- Austin Barack — Partner at CoinFund
- Meltem Demirors — CSO at CoinShares
- Julien Bouteloup — Founder of StakeDAO
- Ajit Tripathi — Board Member of DefiAlliance Europe
- John Wu — President of Ava Labs
- Alex Svanevik — CEO of Nansen
- Zaki Manian — CoFounder of Sommelier | Iqlusion | Cosmos
- Tim Grant — Head of EMEA at Galaxy Digital
- Mike Belshe — Co-Founder & CEO of BitGo
- Cory Pugh — CEO of BridgeTower Capital
- Eli Ben-Sasson — Co-Founder & President of Starkware
- Aya Kantorovich — Head of Institutional Coverage at FalconX
- Monica Taher — Tech & Economic International Affairs Director of the El Salvador Government
View the full Avalanche Summit Agenda and explore the topics we’ll be covering for more info.
Meetup on the Mountain
If you’re unable to join us on our journey, you’re in luck! Open your mountain eyes & mountain ears as you watch in real-time using this LIVE BROADCAST link.
On the other hand, if you or your team plan to join us on the mountain, we invite you to come network with the Geode team and have some hot cocoa (or other libations). Not only will we be at the event all week, but we’ll be attending two gatherings hosted by our friends at Yield Yak — the first scheduled event of the week (the Yield Yak Picnic), and the “Frens Party” where you’ll enjoy delicious trail mixes courtesy of DJ Luca Cazal & DJ Dan Ghenacia of Apollonia.
If you’re interested in connecting with members of our rope team or the Yield Yak team directly, you can reach out via telegram (the digital one):
- Oranges: Business Development Manager for Geode Finance — @ethoranges
- Dylan Coady: CEO & Marketing Manager for Yield Yak — @ravageur7
The 2022 Avalanche Summit is sure to be a landmark event for Web3 this year. The Geode team can’t wait to be here for this unique experience and hope you’ll come along for the ride as well. It’s sure to be an unforgettable week. We hope to hear from you and can’t wait to see you all there!