Delta is expanding. Relaunching you might say. And to keep you informed about the changes, we’re introducing a weekly development update to keep those interested into the loop about what’s new about the app and how the beta is going along. Here’s the third one. If you missed the first one, you can read it here. The second one can be found here.
Closed Beta Invitations
We’re expanding our beta with 250 extra seats. Numbers #251 to #500 from the waitlist will receive their invite tomorrow the latest (at time of writing). The plan is to open up to a bigger batch again next week.
Not part of the waitlist yet? Subscribe here.
This changelog only includes the major points of change:
- Added new and migrated user onboarding
- We’ve added support for indices in the app → you’ll see them on the Markets page and can tap on them (transactions won’t work yet)
- Fixed some stocks (i.e. INTC) not showing a price and showing null on the graph markers
- Fixed wrongfully using a post-market price as the close
- Global Search input field shouldn’t show the ‘X’ to clear when there’s nothing to clear yet
- Global Search rows shouldn’t have a bottom line when it’s the last item in the list
- Now using the same style of search bar everywhere in the app
- Fixed that X to clear didn’t work on Global Search input field
- Made ‘minimised view’ (ie no charts) the default option
- Fixed that tapping on tabs in Markets (Overview, Crypto or Stocks) or tabs in ADS shows large grey circle
- We now parse notes for ‘due to sell of’ and stuff
- Fixed broken ADS Market Status icon
- When changing local fiat currency from USD to EUR, my entire Bitcoin holdings disappeared → fixed
- Stocks transactions no longer crash the old app on ‘Full Transaction History’
- Fixed that when hiding balances (by clicking the eye in the main screen) the value on top is hidden but when scrolling down it’s visible on the top left
- On portfolio we now show short code in big/first, full name in short/second
- Fixed that portfolio sorting list does not close when you select what to sort by (have to tap close)
- Changing preferred currency does now impact P/L values
- We now always show the ‘asset category’ option screen when adding a transaction (also when coming from a subtype portfolio)
- Added a dotted line on 1D that marks the previous close (similar on how we show high & low)
- For non-crypto, prices in the Market Data section should now also be in the native currency of the asset
- Prices for stocks should never exceed 2 numbers after the decimal now
- Deleting an alert was missing a toast message informing the user of the action
- Deleting an alert did not remove the item from the list initially — only by tabbing away and then returning to alerts was it finally removed from the list → now fixed
- Fixed ETHBULL or ETHBEAR causing an ‘Oops something broke’ screen
- Time in copy “Price at close xx:xx” was wrong, now resolved
- Top Gainers, Top Losers are now sorted by relative change and limited crypto assets in this list to only top 25 by market cap
- Following assets via Global Search should be much snappier now
- Filtering is no longer case sensitive on Following
- We now show prices in asset currency on Following
- For stocks, in Following, price change should now never exceed 2 decimals
- Added styling to ‘No results found’ screens
- Following an asset from Global Search should not open Asset Detail Screen
- Fixed wrong styling on hairline dividers (they are barely visible at the moment)
- Updating a transfer transaction didn’t work when pressing the update button, fixed this
- Various minor & medium bug fixes
Weekly Feature Highlight
This week we’re highlighting the ‘Onboarding’ flow we’ve created. There’s a separate onboarding depending on the fact if you’re a new user or an existing (migrating) user.
The main goal for the new user onboarding was three fold:
- Learn about the asset category he or she is interested
- Introduce the user to the following system, which is our most important app-wide feature, in an interactive way
- Prime the user for push notifications and visually explain why it’s useful (iOS only)
For the existing/migrating users onboarding, the goal was to also interactively introduce them to the new following system and more importantly, let them discover the five biggest changes.
Above you can see screenshots from the latest beta build (at time of writing) running the existing/migrating user onboarding.
That’s it for the first Development Update of the relaunch of Delta. Stay tuned for next week’s update!
The Delta Team