Creamy Strawberry Chia Pudding (Dairy-free Breakfast)
Chia seeds are incredibly versatile and nutritious. Their high omega-3 content helps reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high cholesterol. Water-soluble fiber in chia seeds assists in removing toxins, regulating bowel function and blood sugar levels. On top of that, these super seeds are packed with antioxidants, calcium, magnesium and manganese.
These little black seeds absorb more than nine times their volume in water or any other liquid, forming a pudding-like consistency. You can make chia pudding in many flavors but this particular recipe tastes just like summer.
Strawberry Chia Pudding
Rich, creamy, packed with fiber and delicious!
Author: Osha Key
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
Serves: 4 servings
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups cashew milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of coconut nectar, maple syrup or other sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ground vanilla
- Soak chia seeds and raisins in non-dairy milk for at least one hour. It can also be soaked in the fridge overnight.
- When seeds are ready, prepare the strawberry sauce. Blend strawberries, your preferred sweetener and vanilla extract together.
- Then mix it in with the soaked chia seeds. Sprinkle some nuts, seeds or raisins on top and serve.
It’s best to use homemade cashew or other nut milk. However, if you’re using a store-bought alternative, make sure it’s unsweetened and preferably organic. If you’re using full fat coconut milk, dilute it with water (proportion 1:1) to minimize fat intake.
You might need to adjust the amount of sweetener depending on the sweetness of your strawberries. If you don’t want to use a refined sweetener, feel free to use fresh dates instead.
About the Author
Osha Key is a life lover, certified nutritionist, weight loss expert and the founder of www.becomethebestofyou.com. After losing 40 pounds, Osha has written an ebook ‘MASTERY IN WEIGHT LOSS. 44 Reasons Why People Fail At Weight Loss And How To Prevent Them’, which you can get for FREE when you subscribe to becomethebestofyou.com website.