Blueberry pancakes and a vogue battle
Welcome to The Daily Breakfast Situation, your morning check-in with recipe ideas, joy-flavored stories, and tools for The War on Spiritual Ashiness.
Look at you, thriving amidst The Great Chicken Wing Shortage. Have you made time to breathe, stretch, shake, and let it go this week? Well, here’s your reminder.
The end of summer is a magical time here in Brooklyn. Leaves crisp and muggy evenings cool as basketball shorts turn to sweatpants and nighttime rushes in earlier and earlier. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
A haiku for sweatpants season:
cotton leisure pants
glorious grey gift-bearers
It’s a sensational season for sightseeing and appreciating your fellow man. Anyhow, An Appetizing Life has an easy recipe for blueberry pancakes if you’re living the box-free thug life.
Simply Mamá also has an easy banana pancake recipe.
Get more breakfast ideas on my AlexGottaEat Pinterest board situation.
A few things to moisturize your spirit:
Good morning to Pretty Lanvin and Kiddy Balenciaga (via @VoguesBest).
- Wrangle your friends or family to battle during a game night situation via Fishbowl Games, whether in person or via shared Zoom screen.
- The Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art has a beautiful collection of digital art galleries that you should check out.
MoCADA Digital delivers art and social justice news about and from the African diaspora. Presented by the Museum of…
- When you turn 21 and get the Power Rangers birthday party you’ve wanted since you were five.
- Terri-Ann has a scrumptious recipe for salmon in a coconut curry situation.
- René Brooks of Black Girl, Lost wrote about working through the challenges of cleaning your house with ADHD
ADHD and Cleaning House Is a Perpetual Challenge
ADHD and cleaning house is a pain point for many of us. Of all the ADHD symptoms that annoy us , house cleaning is one…
- And here are Mother Maya Angelou and James Baldwin in conversation about his life and career:
Join us next Sunday for the final session in our Literary Therapy Summer Series, “Releasing and Letting Go.” Get info and register here.
If you haven’t, download the Literary Therapy Exploration Workbook from last Sunday’s session on “Pleasure and Playtime” for free right here.
See you tomorrow.
With extra gravy,
Alexander Hardy is a grits-powered writer, home cook, dancer, lupus survivor, and co-founder of GetSomeJoy, a creative wellness agency. He is an Adult, Youth, and Spanish Mental Health First Aid instructor and supports communities and organizations with joy-flavored wellness trainings, experiences, and campaigns. Alexander does not believe in snow or Delaware.