Lemon curd for pies or pancakes and Halloween-inspired dance breaks
Welcome to installment #36 of GetSomeJoy’s Daily Breakfast Situation, your morning check-in with recipes, joy-flavored stories, and wellness tools.
Look at you, making it to day three of Sauce Week.
On today: a lemon curd to perhaps drizzle atop your crepe French toast cinnamon roll pie cheesecake ice cream alongside yesterday’s blueberry compote moment.
Shoutout to Amanda from A Cookie Named Desire for this “liquid gold” recipe and offering tips on thickening and storing your lemon curd for maximum enjoyment.
The Best Lemon Curd Recipe
This sweet and bright lemon curd is an easy and irresistible spread that is like tasting a bit of liquid sunshine…
A little citrusy goodness goes a long way, so no need to smother. Unless you’re into that. Once you’re all sauced up, add some tangy razzle dazzle to your
and watch your dreams come true.
Use it as a dip for shortbread cookies
Swirl it into ice cream
Turn it into lemon meringue pie or bars
Thin it out and use it in cocktails
Slather it between layers of cake
Eat it by the spoonful (kidding — or am I?)
A few things to moisturize your spirit:
- Good morning to Iman Shumpert, Daniella Karagach, and their perfect score on Dancing with the Stars.
- How do you set yourself up for success as you greet the day?
Getting up at 5am every morning won’t make you a more productive human if the idea of waking up early makes you a cranky human from the start.
- Today from 6pm to 10pm PDT, The South King Emotional Wellness League is offering FREE mental health support (group and individual sessions) to “youth, young adults, adults, and elderly who have been historically marginalized, especially people from the Black community in King County and communities most impacted by COVID-19 and police violence.” Reserve a slot to connect here.
Community Mental Health Virtual Support
Eventbrite - NAACP Seattle King County presents Community Mental Health Virtual Support - Wednesday, October 27, 2021 …
- Halloween without at least one remake of Michael Jackson’s spooky season anthem would feel unnatural.
- Author Tiffany D. Jackson spoke to Shondaland about writing her new book, White Smoke, helping teens unpack real life through young adult books, her favorite horror classics, what she does to relax and recharge, and more.
Tiffany D. Jackson Just Wants to Scare the Hell Out of You
Just before the world turned upside down due to the arrival of a global pandemic in March 2020, New York Times…
- Well, damn. Following up on last year’s 10-minute trip through some of Beyoncé’s most memorable looks and performances, model Tabria Majors and Company captured some of Ciara’s best videos, floating mic stand and all.
See you tomorrow.
Connect with GetSomeJoy elsewhere to keep the party going:
Alexander Hardy is a grits-powered writer, home cook, dancer, lupus survivor, and co-founder of GetSomeJoy, a creative wellness agency. He supports communities and organizations with joy-flavored wellness trainings, experiences, and campaigns as a wellness program facilitator. Alexander does not believe in snow or Delaware.