Amatsii, MTN Apps Challenge v 4.0 Winner Releases Its Android App
Healthcare is one of the most untapped avenues for startup disruption in Ghana and across Africa, generally. At the last MTN Apps Challenge, Amatsii won the heart of the judges as it was adjudged winner. Amatsii is a software company developing consumer search & discovery; procurement & retail management and business intelligence & market research products and services for the pharmaceutical industry. The company has released the first public version of Amatsii.com for Android users.
Amatsii is a mobile application for the public to aid public healthcare in Ghana. The aim of Amatsii is to provide, through their website and app, free, easy and real-time access to drug and drug related information nationwide in Ghana. This first public release of Amatsii.com has the following features and use cases.
- Find if a drug you have been prescribed is covered by NHIS;
- Find alternatives to drugs you have been prescribed;
- Find drugs using specific active ingredients
- Report adverse drug reactions for any drug you take to the FDA
- Get pricing and availability information by calling any pharmacy from within the app
- Find the nearest pharmacies around your current location or in any city/town/suburb
- Find the location of a pharmacy using the pharmacy name;
- Navigate to any specific pharmacy using Google Maps or Uber.
- Find the accepted insurance coverage at any pharmacy (NHIS and/or Private Insurers)
- Bookmark your favorite or most regularly visited pharmacy shops for quick access
Edem Morny, CEO for Amatsii commented on the release, “We extremely delighted to release this first public version of Amatsii.com, which we believe will contribute to empowering consumers in healthcare delivery. At 11pm if you need to find Symbicort for your child’s asthma, you can use Amatii.com to find which pharmacy is open, quickly contact them and navigate to that pharmacy if it is unfamiliar.
This version is just the first step towards our biggest goal, which is to provide real-time drug availability information nationwide. We have many upcoming features and look forward to feedback from the public. We have started to forge nascent partnerships with healthcare stakeholders and hope many more support us to improve healthcare delivery as relates to pharmaceuticals. “
Amatsii is available for download for Android on the Google Playstore, with IOS coming out soon. Amastii looks forward to users helping spread the word by sharing a post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #amatsiiapp.
Originally published at gharage.