Thoughts on Brussels
December 29th to December 30th, 2018
What I Did
- To be honest, I had not heard great things about Brussels prior to coming but was relatively optimistic, especially after having a good time in Bruges. In hindsight, I think Brussels was worth visiting but not for much longer than we did (and we were only there for a day). Surely there are many more “local experiences” I could have had in Bruges, but from a tourist/sightseeing perspective, it is quite limited.
- The best thing about Brussels (besides the beer) is the Grand-Place Square (really the icon of the city). Save the fact that most every European city boasts “the best square in the world,” I actually was quite a fan of this one. We woke up quite early to roam around the city and it was practically empty! We toured the square and eventually found ourselves some Belgian waffles. But I will emphasize — the whole city was asleep!
- We also visited the square when it was nicer out and got to see it in its entirety.
- We went to a beer garden and tried out lots of tasty beers. They were actually really really good (some of the best beers I have ever had! We also went to a really yummy Ethiopian restaurant called Kokob. Was a big fan and was a nice change up from what we had been consuming.
- We visited the Brussels Comic Book Museum…a quick activity that I would actually recommend doing if you have a bit of extra time. Really cool seeing the history of many of the comics!
And that was it! A quick trip…
Onwards to Budapest :)