This article is part of the She Hacks collection where we write about different topics that might help other women participate and thrive in hackathons.
We kicked off the She Hacks collection by answering the question, What is an API? When you are first learning how to use APIs it is important to have access to great documentation and developer support. This list showcases a range of APIs for different purposes which are all great for beginners.
Here is a list of the She Hacks Top 10 APIs for beginners. These APIs are great to get started with. They have interesting content and services, great documentation, developer support and useful examples for you to look at.
- Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/developers
- Google Maps: https://developers.google.com/maps/web/
- Twitter: https://dev.twitter.com/docs
- YouTube: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started
- Soundcloud: http://developers.soundcloud.com/docs/api/guide#playing
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/docs/tutorials/checkout
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/developer/
- Twilio: https://www.twilio.com/docs
- Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/developers/getting_started
- Facebook: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/login-flow-for-web
Which API do you think is the best to learn first? Leave a note on this article and share it with others.