Now that the initial fund is being raised, we’re starting a search for an Executive Director for GiveCrypto.org.
This is the person who would run the organization (similar to a CEO or GM in the for profit world). This role would report to and work directly with me, to help grow GiveCrypto.org. I will remain on the board of GiveCrypto.org.
The Executive Director will grow GiveCrypto.org from an early stage non-profit into the premier charity for the cryptocurrency community by raising money, building a team, and testing distribution methods to reach the first 10,000 individuals within 18 months.
Outcomes (first 18 months):
- Raise a $250M cryptocurrency evergreen fund
- Hire a team including engineering, finance, and operations roles
- Distribute crypto payments to at least 10,000 individuals in need
- Set clear objectives and key results for the organization, publishing them both internally and externally
- Test different distribution strategies, including creating a dapp and working with partners
- Market GiveCrypto as the public face of the organization via talks, blog posts, and press interviews
- [Must have] For-profit experience hiring and managing a team
- [Must have] Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- [Must have] Experience building and shipping technology products
- [Nice to have] Fundraising experience
- [Nice to have] Comfort in a fast-paced startup environment
- [Nice to have] Experience with nonprofits or poverty alleviation work
- [Nice to have] Passion for cryptocurrency
If you know someone who should apply for this role, please share this post with them.
Note: this role is not an employee of Coinbase. GiveCrypto.org is a separate organization. We’re using the above applicant tracking system just to keep moving quickly.