Hey hey heyyyyy a wasu wasu wasu wasu wasuppppppp, this is *not Carlos Matos, bringing you another episode of “What’s DAppening?” ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )
If you didn’t know, What’s DAppening is intended to keep everyone informed about what the Giveth DApp team is up to: these updates include progress, milestones and even challenges that arise. We will try to keep it as fun and functional as possible!
Apr 2, 2018 — Apr 25, 2018
We are really excited to announce that we’ve been chosen to give a Super Demo at EDCON Toronto. If you happen to be there in May, be excited. With the DApp on display we will be working on tackling the visual issues first with the help of our contributors.
- DAC’s, Campaigns, Milestones and user profile images now have defined aspect ratio and users can crop their pictures when loading them into the DApp #296, #299.
- We reduced the decimal length from 18 to 8 for the visual ETH representation, which was making it quite difficult to use other tools that have less scientific accuracy #287.
- Fixed the video embed feature, which allows videos to be loaded directly into the Milestones users propose #288.
- Unified how ETH is represented in the DApp switching from Ξ to ETH to give users certainty about the currency they donating/receiving #281.
- Fixed feathers reactive watches, which means you can finally see all the Milestones on the active campaign page without needing to refresh #269.
- Lastly we eliminated certain button views that were causing confusion, now If you can’t click it you won’t see it ;)
In the last 2 weeks we closed 30 issues and created 10 new ones, if you want to take a deeper look head over to GitHub.
Then @YalorMewn and @Geleeroyale stepped up to help prioritize the issues and get even more contributors to pitch in.
Thankfully @RJ and @Satya continue to provide code review for all the new code being written #DAppAngels 😇
If you’re a developer and you want to dive right in there are a number of ways you can get involved:
- Pull some issues while they’re hot at GitHub
- Drop into the DApp Dev room on Riot
- See this weeks Dev meeting notes
- Attend the next Dev meeting
Join our community: by contributing to one of our circles (=DApp, Social Coding, Governance, Communication) you help us build the Future of Giving!