Market Roundup — What happened behind the scenes of the WeWork x Softbank Fiasco?
Our InvestHer Podcast cohosts, Anne Ravanona and Inma Martinez sit down to kick off the podcast series to analyse the ripple effects of the biggest financial headline: how WeWork withdrew its IPO filing after Wall Street investors were able to see through the smoke and mirrors of the company’s prospectus.
Anne and Inma discuss the relevancy of this technology IPO fiasco and the before and after consequences that this will present to future tech IPOs and the corporate governance that VCs and NEDs must establish in startups.
Introducing the new Market Roundup series on InvestHer Podcast, with Inma Martinez
Every month, on InvestHer Podcast we bring you our Market Roundup about key events happening in the market, our key insights on them and what startups and investors can learn as a result.
LISTEN TO EPISODE HERE:
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- All about Inma — who she is, her depth of experience and why you should listen to her
- What is the WeWork x Softbank fiasco? What happened?
- Who were the key players involved?
- What made this IPO failure so different?
- The role of an NED and the importance of corporate governance
- Why your business model matters
- The ripple effect of the WeWork fiasco on the financial markets
- The impact on future IPO’s and the capital efficiency of future Unicorns
You May Also Like
Like what you hear?
Let’s put the Fun into Funding, and get more Women Entrepreneurs Funded!
Want to sponsor an episode? Please contact us here:
InvestHer Podcast is brought to you by Global Invest Her.