Portable money, anywhere, any time and under your control is a vision we all share in crypto, but we’re usually tied to a specific device and we have to have multiple wallets installed on our device to manage every type of crypto. What if you could have device independent control of your funds available anytime and anywhere and one wallet for everything?
Our mission at GoByte is to make crypto easy to spend, easy to receive, and easy to manage no matter what currency you use. So, we asked:
- What if you had a multicurrency wallet, that didn’t require a sync, that can be ported anywhere, even as a plugin in your favorite browser and is secure?
- What if it was platform independent and had plugin capabilities so we could add features like masternode hosting, payment gateways, simple accounting, and so much more in the future?
- What if it was so simple that anyone could use it and there was no need to have 20 different wallets for 20 different cryptocurrencies on your computer or phone?
- What if it just required you to set up a secure secret phrase and just import that phrase in any GoByte WEB3 Wallet and your funds are available in an instant?
Today, we are excited to announce the release of the first version of the GoByte Multicurrency Wallet and a new phase of the project’s development to tackle exactly those questions and more. The multicurrency wallet will set the foundation of our strategy for the future, as it will be developed further to offer amazing functionality. The first version of the wallet is being released as a as a web wallet followed in the next week by a plugin for Chrome. You can access the wallet from any web browser on mobile and desktop with ease and the wallet is stored on your device and not on the server, so you aren’t counting on a server to secure your funds. In the following months, we will be working on native desktop and mobile versions of the wallet, which will also incorporate all the features of the GoByte Pay platform.
The following cryptocurrencies are supported in version 1.0, and we estimate the time needed to add new coins and protocols at 1 week. Very fast!
- Gobyte (GBX)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- Dash (DASH)
- Tether (USDT)
The wallet is free to use and has no fees(beyond network fees) whatsoever. We are aiming to help adoption and ease access to cryptocurrencies by allowing our users to transact and manage their cryptocurrencies from one single platform. The easy architecture of the wallet means we can build any functionality the market demands.
A short roadmap, split into phases can be found below:
- Easy masternode hosting support. Allowing our users to launch masternodes in one click from the wallet on coins that support masternode protocols. Best part? You will be able to pay in a large variety of cryptocurrencies and we are working on PayPal or credit cards as well.
- Coin swaps. Who wouldn’t love to swap their cryptocurrencies for other new cryptocurrencies or even Bitcoin in an instant?
- Basic accounting features. (Can’t tell you more) :P
- GoByte Pay 2.0 Should include all the current GoByte Pay features and some more. Stores, brands, employees, and gobyte addresses can be managed by multiple users and much more.
- Crypto gateway /Payment Solutions. A simple to integrate payment solution that allows both Cryptocurrency and Credit/Debit Card payments under the same platform, so you can track, manage, and receive payments easily.
The first version of the wallet has basic features, so don’t judge it too harshly, but it will serve as the foundation for the future of the GoByte project and our mission to make crypto easy. We plan to do some UI/UX improvements to make it look more “spectacular” and easy to use. Leave a comment and tell us what you think and what was your experience with our wallet.
You can access the web version at: http://bit.ly/2vehZc5
The Chrome plugin: http://bit.ly/2PTYEGz
Have fun using our wallet!