Production During Covid-19 in Turkey (Updated)
As the Turkish Government has reacted to Covid-19 outbrake at the early stages, the numbers are going well in the country now. So, the restrictions have been eased step by step, and at the latest stage video production can resume within the Advertising Producers Association’s guidelines.
If agencies and clients are still reluctant to travel, we’re offering remote production service from our sets and pre-production process which is proudly local technology (the equivalent of Q-take commonly used in Eastern Europe). You can see the details of this system here, it offers;
- multi channel live stream
- bi-directional open audio channel with all remote participants
- access to video playback library (each take is uploaded just minutes after it is shot)
Local Directors & Co-directing
We’re able to offer very talented local directors for your jobs. Also, when you have your own director for a job and if you still believe that a creative eye must be on site to foresee the preps and the shoot, we’re happy to open our roster for co-directing opportunities.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Finally, it’s very important for us to see the creative/script in the development phase, since the ‘new normal’ would require some scene/location restrictions as a result of the health/safety guidelines. So, if you have a potential job now, please give us a shout and let us find out how and when we’re able to shoot it: firstname.lastname@example.org
By the way, it’s great time now to shoot summer films in the breathtaking locations of the Turkish Riviera where is still quiet due to Covid-19 outbreak. Please have a look at my previous post about summer filming locations here.
I guess you’re already familiar with these safety measurements which are almost the same in every country now. But, I would like to share the most critical ones as follows, please see the full guideline here;
- Casting sessions should be done remotely.
- Those with known pre-existing conditions, aged over 65 and under 20 shouldn’t be in projects.
- Talents have to sign health declaration form before confirming them.
- Staggered call times should be applied.
- All the crew will be called 24 hours before the set to check their health status and if any Covid-19 symptoms are appeared.
- Back up for all the head of departments should be considered.
- Location/studio and equipment have to be sanitised before set by licensed professionals.
- Preference is one location wihout unit moves.
- Crew should drive themselves to set if possible with maximum one person.
- All vehicles have to be sanitised before set.
- If necessary, crew/talent shuttles must be used with half capacity to obey social distancing rules.
- There has to be a paramedic on set.
- Paramedic has to measure body temperature of all crew before letting them into set.
- Health and safety officer should be on set.
- All crew have to wear masks and gloves all the time.
- Video village must be outside set, and if possible image should be streamed for remote video village.
- Alcohol based hand sanitisers must be visible throughout location.
- Mostly touched surfaces like door handles must be cleaned frequently.
- Camera have to be 2 meter distant from talents.
- There must be enough space for crew to provide 2 meter distance.
- Max crew member on set depends on location, there must be 4 meter square per person in empty spaces, 6 meter square for furnished locations.
- There has to be two toilet vans on set and they must be cleaned after every use.
- Scripts need to bear in mind the restrictions in the mechanics of production.
- Crowded scenes which don’t allow social distancing shouldn’t be shot.
- Physical interaction between talents should be avoided.
- If space allows to maintain social distance, some scenes with background extras can be shot.
COSTUME, HAIR & MAKE-UP
- Wardrobe department should utilise talent owned costumes first.
- Costumes fitted by one talent can’t be worn by another talent.
- All kits must be unique to each talent.
- Talents should do their own touch-ups during shoot.
- Hair and make-up tables have to be separated by 2 meters.
- All meals have to be single serve pre-packed instead of buffet catering.
- Staggered meal breaks should be provided.
- Dining space must allow crew to have social distance.