One New Year Resolution That Will Change Your Life Forever
“Each January, roughly one in three Americans resolve to better themselves in some way. A much smaller percentage of people actually make good on those resolutions.”
Did you accomplish the goals you had set for yourself at the beginning of 2016? UN General Assembly and international community did. It was a year of defining the future. An international community gathered together last fall and adopted a set of Global Goals, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that created a shared vision for the future. Will you be a part of this vision?
These goals are extremely ambitious and it would take an effort of every individual to achieve them.
Partnerships between civic, charitable organizations and a private sector will be at the center and more important than ever. GOODdler team is excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We agree with Kathy Calvin of United Nations Foundation:
“The old way of doing things won’t get us to where we need to go. We need to break down silos — between issues and between constituencies — and work together to drive real change.”
We are committed to make a difference in bridging humanitarian aid and international development efforts with the needs of people in desperate situations. We agree that old ways of doing things will not bring the desired results; we are ready to partner with international community to drive a real change. We are ready to partner with you. Resolution is an action of solving a problem.
Pick a goal that resonates with you and choose to act upon it to make a difference.
17 Sustainable Development Goals
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
2017 for GOODdler will be a year of moving from thinking about the future to acting upon the global goals. We have a great opportunity to be a part of the community that is coming together to create a sustainable progress for humanity.
Here are Gooddler’s 2016 New Year Resolutions:
Happy New 2017 Year!