- Running a MEAN Stack on Google Cloud Platform with App Engine and MongoLab by Sandeep Dinesh
- Developing for Arduino with Docker and Johnny-Five on OS X by Sandeep Dinesh
- Building and Testing Docker Containers using Google Cloud Shell by Omer Dawelbeit
- Build a Backend for Your Mobile App with Firebase and Google Cloud Platform from the Google Cloud Platform solutions documentation
- Firebase IoT Tutorial by Romin Irani
- Set Up “Let’s Encrypt” SSL on App Engine by Igor Artamonov
- Making Cloud Datastore Easy for PHP on App Engine by Tom Walder
Open Source and Google Cloud Platform
- Why We Chose Kubernetes Over ECS by Erez Rabih
- Kubernetes Cheat Sheet
- Puppet Labs Automates Kubernetes for DevOps from The New Stack
- How to Classify Images with TensorFlow by Pete Warden
- Deep Learning in a Nutshell: Core Concepts and Deep Learning in a Nutshell: History and Training by Tim Dettmers
- Loading TensorFlow Graphs via Host Languages by Jim Fleming
- Visual Deep Learning Debugger on GitHub, Extending TensorFlow with Breakpoints and Parseable Visualization by Eric Jang
Watch and Listen
- Cloud Vision API from The Developer Show
- Music Recommendations with BigQuery by Felipe Hoffa and Dr. Alexandre Passant
- Open Source Releases (including TensorFlow) from the Talking Machines podcast
- TensorFlow with Greg Corrado from the Software Engineering Daily podcast
- Deep Learning SIMPLIFIED from DeepLearning.TV
What’s New with Google Cloud Platform?
- Cloud Vision API, currently in Limited Preview, enables your applications to see and understand images.
- Apply your existing knowledge of Amazon Web Services to Google Cloud Platform with our Google Cloud Platform for AWS Professionals whitepaper.
- GCP NEXT 2016 is coming to San Francisco in March, and this year we are opening up a call for speakers through January 15th.
- Google Cloud Monitoring for Container Engine shows application and service metrics at all levels: container, pod, and cluster.
- Google Cloud Audit Logs, in beta for App Engine and BigQuery, tracks the actions of administrators in your Google Cloud Platform projects.
- Google Cloud Shell will be free through 2016 — try it out!!
- BigQuery custom quotas give you the ability to set daily maximums and control cost.
- Second generation of Google Cloud SQL, now in beta, provides better performance and scalability per dollar — and it’s more than seven times faster than before.
- PerfKit Benchmarker (PKB) 1.0 release helps you measure cloud performance across nine cloud providers.
- Cloud Debugger for Python, now in beta, lets you live debug your running Python services.
- The Compute Engine Quotas page in the console has a new interface making it easier to see consumption levels and request more quota.
- Tableau can connect directly to Google Cloud SQL — great news for Tableau users!