TWiGCP — “Hello Hong Kong, Pandora chooses GCP, and folding proteins”
Here are the main announcements for this past week :
“Growing our presence in Asia Pacific: New GCP regions in Hong Kong and Jakarta” (Google Blog). Every new location is a good opportunity to mention gcping.com. How’s your latency?
“Cloud Identity now provides access to traditional apps with secure LDAP” (Google blog). Available for G Suite Enterprise and Cloud Identity Premium editions.
“Investing in Pandora’s Core Differentiators” (medium.com). Pandora chooses GCP for its 90 billion thumbs up or down, 2500 Hadoop nodes, and 6 PB of data. #BigQuery #Dataflow #TensorFlow
“AlphaFold: Using AI for scientific discovery” (deepmind.com). Utilizing AI to predict a protein’s shape; helping scientists treat diseases believed to be caused by misfolded proteins.
From the “service mesh is the future” department :
- Kubernetes users, get ready for the next chapter in microservices management (Google blog)
- Istio 1.0.4 (istio.io)
- Incremental Istio Part 1, Traffic Management (istio.io)
From the “Google and partner-provided Solutions” department :
- [Solution] Continuous Delivery Pipelines with Spinnaker and Google Kubernetes Engine (Updated!)
- [Solution] Pega workflow automation: Simplifying Google’s network, and ready for your GCP workloads (Google blog)
From the “Healthcare API updates and how-to” department
- Unlocking what’s possible with medical imaging data in the cloud (Google blog)
- Getting to know the Google Cloud Healthcare API: part 2 (Google blog)
From the “helping you make the right architectural decisions” department :
- HTTP vs. MQTT: A tale of two IoT protocols (Google blog)
- Cloud Functions pro tips: Building idempotent functions (Google blog)
From the “Choosing GCP and migrating to GCP — the Hike story” department :
From the “Beta, GA, or what?” department :
- [GA] Cloud SDK 226.0.0
- [GA] Cloud Identity Secure LDAP service
- [1.0.4] Istio 1.0.4
- [v2018.11.30] The (Updated!) Google Cloud Developer’s Cheat Sheet
From the “all things multimedia” department :
- [Podcast] GCP Podcast Episode #157 — NeurIPS and AI Research with Anima Anandkumar (gcppodcast.com)
- [Podcast] Kubernetes Podcast Episode #34 — Kontena Pharos, with Jari Kolehmainen (kubernetes.com)
That is all for this week!