TWiGCP — “New BigQuery UI, introducing krew, and Minikube enhancements”
Here are the main stories for this past week :
“New BigQuery UI features help you work faster” (Google blog). Sharing queries, dataset, and more in a new UI.
Meet `krew`, the kubectl plugin manager! (github.com). Discover, install, and keep kubectl plugins up to date.
“Livin’ la vida local: Easier Kubernetes development from your laptop” (Google blog). Minikube GPU and LoadBalancer support; plus building and deploying with Skaffold and Jib.
From the “journey from Vision API limitation to quality results with AutoML” department :
From the “Which is the best Google Cloud authentication and identity management option” department :
- Identity and authentication, the Google Cloud way (Google blog)
From the “Google thriving in the retail business in more ways than you might think” department :
- Peak performance: How retailers used Google Cloud during Black Friday/Cyber Monday (Google blog)
- How retailers like Ulta and DSW are improving customer experiences using Google Cloud (Google blog)
From the “How-to” department :
From the “stepping back and looking at the status of key Cloud Native tech” department :
From the “Industry Perspectives” department :
- Rethinking commercial software delivery with Cloud Spanner and serverless (Google blog)
- 5 ways financial services organizations will move faster in the cloud in 2019 (Google blog)
From the “What’s a TWiGCP without a dedicated BigQuery section?” department :
- BigQuery — a year in review (medium.com)
- How to serve BigQuery results from MySQL with Cloud SQL (medium.com)
- How to transfer BigQuery table to Cloud SQL using Cloud Dataflow (datascience.com.co)
From the “Beta, GA, or what?” department :
- [GA] Cloud SDK 229.0.0
- [GA] Configuring Cloud Armor Security Policies
- [Beta] gcloud beta firestore indexes
- [Beta] gcloud beta dns policies
- [v0.3.0] Open Match (github.com)
From the “all things multimedia” department :
- [Podcast] Kubernetes Podcast Episode #35 — Cloud Native Computing Foundation, with Dan Kohn (kubernetespodcast.com)
- [Video] Welcome to Google Cloud Platform — the Essentials of GCP (A new “Getting started” video series on the GCP YouTube Channel, share it with your colleagues who are getting started with GCP!)
- [Video] windy.com — Delivering the most accurate wind data as fast as the wind blows (youtube.com)
That is all for this week!