TWiGCP — “Presto in Dataproc, AVR-IoT WG kit, and Secrets on GCP”
Here are the main announcements for this past week :
“Extending the SQL capabilities of your Cloud Dataproc cluster with the Presto optional component” (Google blog). More SQL query engine choice for heterogeneous data sources.
“Google Cloud IoT and Microchip bring simple and secure cloud connectivity to 8-bit MCU with the AVR-IoT WG kit” (Google blog). First 8-bit MCU development board WiFi-connected to GCP.
From the “data for good” department :
From the “best practices and how-to’s” department :
- Taking charge of your data: using Cloud DLP to de-identify and obfuscate sensitive information (Google blog)
- Serverless in action: building a simple backend with Cloud Firestore and Cloud Functions (Google blog)
- Using upstream Apache Airflow Hooks and Operators in Cloud Composer (Google blog)
- From GitOps to Adaptable CI/CD Patterns for Kubernetes At Scale (thenewstack.io)
From the “fun games, serious numbers” department :
- How we created a multiplayer Doodle to scare up fun on Halloween (Google blog) “100 million players in 62 countries, with a concurrent user load of over 500,000 players” #OpenMatch #GKE
- Design Highly-Available MySQL Clusters With Orchestrator and ProxySQL on GCP — Part 1 (medium.com)
From the “know your secrets, manage your secrets“ department :
- Secrets management solutions on GCP, from KMS, CMEK, CSEK, and Hashicorp Vault (Google documentation)
From the “all things multimedia” department :
- [Podcast] GCP Podcast Episode #156 — Grace Health with Therese Mannheimer and Roman Jasins (gcppodcast.com)
- [Podcast] Kubernetes Podcast — Tencent, with Joe Zou (kubernetes.com)
- [YouTube] Community Connectors in Data Studio (youtube.com)
That is all for this week!