TWiGCP — “Another magic quadrant for GCP, What-If Tool for Cloud AI, and DevOps tooling”
To start with, here are the links from the latest This Week in Google Cloud’s video series :
- Google to acquire Elastifile
- Announcing new GKE architecture specialization — now with one month free access
- Migrating Teradata to BigQuery: Introduction and overview
- Geolocation with BigQuery: De-identify 76 million IP addresses in 20 seconds
Other top GCP stories for this past week include :
- Gartner names Google Cloud a leader in its IaaS Magic Quadrant (Google blog)
- Introducing the What-If Tool for Cloud AI Platform models (Google blog).
Now for AI Platform-powered XGBoost and Scikit Learn models.
- Configuring secure remote access for Compute Engine VMs (Google blog).
Using IAM Policies, Cloud IAP and VPC Service Controls to reduce risk.
From the “sharpening your DevOps tools” department :
- GCP DevOps tricks: Create a custom Cloud Shell image that includes Terraform and Helm (Google blog)
- Awesome Cloud Build 🕶️ 🌩️ 🔧 (medium.com)
- Operate with confidence: Keeping your functions functioning with monitoring, logging and error reporting (Google blog)
- Istio and Stackdriver (medium.com)
From the “Databases on GCP, your way” department :
- Keep calm and query on: Running your databases in GCP (Google blog) #bestpunoftheweek #greatcontenttoo
- Disaster recovery for Microsoft SQL Server (cloud.google.com)
From still my favorite “Customers and partners talk best about GCP” department :
- How to serve deep learning models using TensorFlow 2.0 with Cloud Functions (Google blog)
- Dunnhumby and their use of GCP (dankeeley.wordpress.com) #dataproc #cloudsql
- Blockchain.com, scaling and saving with Cloud Spanner (Google blog)
From the “Beta, GA, or what?” department :
From the “all things multimedia” department :
- [Short Video] Query and Visualize Lightning Strikes with BigQuery GIS (youtube.com)
- [Short Video] AI Hub: The One Place for Everything AI (youtube.com)
- [Video] Anthos Migrate: On-Prem to Cloud-Native on GKE (Cloud Next ’19) (youtube.com)
- [Podcast] Kubernetes Podcast Episode #62 — Large Hadron Kubernetes at CERN, with Ricardo Rocha, Lukas Heinrich, and Clemens Lange (kubernetespodcast.com)
- [Podcast] GCP Podcast Episode #186 — Blockchain with Allen Day (gcppodcast.com)
That is all for this week!