Student Podcast Competition
All ages are welcome. Winners get a pizza party!
We’re launching a sister student podcast competition to the recently ended NPR student contest. It’s open to participation by all ages, including K-4.
Winners of our competition will be featured within the Synth community and receive a sponsored pizza party for their class.
Interested? Here are the details.
- Submission deadline: April 25th, 2019
- Winners will be announced on April 30th, 2019 (the day after NPR’s challenge)
- Submission can be a single Synth, or a multi-Synth podcast. It should be no more than 12 minutes and 48 seconds in length (three full-length Synths)
- Weblink of Synth or Podcast must be mailed by the student’s teacher to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Direct submissions by students will not be accepted.
- All grades are welcome (k-12)
- Judged by independent Panel of 5 teachers (part of Synth’s soon to be announced ambassador program — coming in the next week)
- There will be a total of five winners. Prizes will be awarded in each category: Three for K-4 students, one for 5–8 students, and one for 9–12.
- Winners will be featured on our Explore page and in a newsletter to all our users. Also, they will receive a Synth-sponsored pizza party for their entire class, on us.
Need a spark?
If you are looking for ideas, here are some categorical ideas for podcasts:
- Interview (teacher, star school athlete)
- School event coverage
- School daily news
- Book talk
- Audio fiction
Importing Your Podcast
Did you enter the NPR student podcast challenge? Now you can quickly and easily enter our competition with the same audio files using our importing technology. Learn how.
For questions and clarifications, please contact us at email@example.com.