GraalVM 1.0-rc4 Release Notes
Today we released GraalVM 1.0-rc4 with both the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition binaries publicly available for download.
GraalVM is a large project consisting of several components, and we are highlighting the most important changes to those separately.
The release notes of the previous release can be found here: GraalVM 1.0-rc3 release notes.
The next release, rc5, is planned for the beginning of August and will provide updates for all components.
- Access getters and setters like fields
- Provide Java.extend, Java.super, JavaImporter, JSAdapter
- Allow to construct Interfaces or AbstractClasses
- Provide top-level package globals java, javafx, javax, com, org, edu
- Provide Java.isScriptFunction, Java.isScriptObject, Java.isJavaMethod and Java.isJavaFunction
Some global functions and objects have been added for the scripting mode and can be enabled with the --scripting flag:
- Provide $EXEC, $ENV, $ARG, $OPTIONS
We will continue working on improving stability before the GA 1.0 release. If you haven’t yet done so, please give GraalVM a try on your application.
Download the binaries, try the getting started journey and see what it can do for your projects.
We are happy to receive any feedback, issues, or feature requests, for these please use the repositories for the project closest related to the issue:
- GraalVM, Graal compiler, native images, Truffle, tools, regular expressions
- LLVM interpreter
Thank you from the GraalVM team!