Gracious Gratitude — Day #117
Though I didn’t really sit still today, I did allow myself to be in stillness … little talking, phone turned off and reveling in the rich warmth that comes from an oven fired up early and busy all day. It didn’t hurt that I stoked up the fireplace, so the tapestry of scent included deep threads of mesquite and pine.
Don’t have to look far to be grateful today … and that’s always a lovely thing.
- #SundayBliss (even when I don’t get through the whole paper) accompanied with a superb cup of coffee
- The sound of an old dog snoring in deep sleep in front of a crackling fire
- Peppermint, chocolate and extra points when they are in the same place at the same time.
- Watching rows and rows of pinwheel cookies march out of the oven and feeling my grandmother smiling
- Intense workouts that spark my mind and exhaust my body
- That my brother seems to have inherited our father’s knack for knowing when to reach out and always having the right thing to say
- Salmon poached in a garlic dijon sauce with shiitake mushrooms
- Remembering that someone I dated several years ago described me as “earthy” (which I found hilarious at the time) and realizing she didn’t mean in a Birkenstock sort of way but more that I’m totally comfortable getting my hands dirty and actually enjoy it.
- Puttering in my backyard doing some “winterizing” and pondering on some changes I want to make in the Spring