The Grain presale participation guidelines
As the presale of our GRAIN token is almost off to a start, we’re happy to announce the necessary steps to participate. We’ve been getting a lot of questions from the community on how to participate, so this post should contain all the answers you’re looking for.
Update (27 feb 2018, 06:01 PM CET)
To be compliant with new ICO regulations, we have to postpone the ICO. That’s why we’ve also decided to extend the presale period, until Wednesday March 7th.
Update (4 feb 2018, 11:04 AM CET)
As we have yet to take a contribution, and as the ETH price has drastically changed the last couple days, we have adjusted the ratio of tokens per ETH accordingly. Thank you.
- Start date: February 1st
- End date: March 7th (updated!)
- Price of a GRAIN token: 0.000037 ETH (27000 GRAIN / 1 ETH)
- Bonus structure: 25%-15% extra tokens during presale
- Minimum individual contribution: 0.1 ETH (updated!)
- Maximum individual contribution: 100 ETH
- A larger contribution could be allowed for strategic partners. However, these will be approved on an individual basis. Please send an email to <email@example.com> to get the conversation started if you’d like to contribute more than 100 ETH.
- Excluded countries: The token sale is closed for residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, North Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Ukraine — Crimea region, United States, Vanuatu and Yemen
What does the process look like?
On February 1st, we will send out the first batch of email invitations to participants that have registered on the grain.io website. In the following weeks, we’ll continue to process the thousands of registrations we’ve received and send out more invitations.
Inside the email, you’ll find an link that provides access to a personalized presale environment. Here, there are three necessary steps to go through to successfully participate in the presale:
- Wallet configuration
- Depositing funds
- Providing KYC info
If it turns out that we have received more contributions than the hard cap, we’ll distribute the GRAIN tokens on a first come first serve basis (amongst those who successfully completed all three steps of the participation process). The excess deposits will be returned to the contributors.
Note that if you did not receive an email directly after registering on our website, you are not disqualified from participating. If you fulfil the requirements outlined in ‘Who will be invited to the presale?’, you can still be selected to join the next batch of invitations.
When the presale has ended and you haven’t been able to participate, you will have the opportunity to participate in the public ICO.
Who will be invited to the presale?
The requirements to be able to participate in the presale are simple:
- You have registered on the grain.io website
- You wish to contribute more than 0.1 ETH (updated!)
- You are NOT a resident of one of the following countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, North Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Ukraine — Crimea region, USA, Vanuatu and Yemen.
Anyone compliant with these presale requirements qualifies for an invitation.
However, to provide a fair chance for everybody willing to participate and to guarantee a wide distribution, these are the rules that will be used initially for selecting the participants that receive an invite:
- Participants that registered before February 1st on the grain.io website will be grouped by their contribution size.
- Invitations will be sent in batches.
- Each batch contains a group of randomly selected participants within a contribution bracket.
- First, participants in the lowest contribution brackets will receive an invitation. Gradually, the higher contribution brackets will be invited.
- Once the people that registered before February 1st have been invited, the people that registered after that date will be invited on a first come, first serve basis.
How to participate in the presale
- Receive an invitation email
In the email you will receive, you will be asked to create a personal account. Click on the button and create your account to participate in the presale.
2. Create your presale account
To create an account, you need to provide us with some of your details:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Country of residence
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
Once created, your account will be the central hub through which you can manage your contribution. It has a dashboard that guides you through all the necessary steps.
3. Deposit ETH or FIAT to your personal contribution address
Through your dashboard, you will find your personal ETH and FIAT** contribution address you can send your funds to.
Once we’ve received your contribution, your Dashboard will indicate how much you’ve contributed.
**Note: Fiat transaction might take up to 3 business days to be received.
4. Complete the KYC requirements
On the Dashboard of your account, you’ll find a link to fill out more personal details to complete the KYC requirements.
If you do not complete this, we can NOT guarantee that you will be able to receive GRAIN tokens.
To comply with regulatory requirements, you have to fulfil this step within two weeks of transferring your participation contribution to us. Failure to pass the KYC process will result in disqualification from the presale. In this event, any funds you may have contributed will be returned directly to your personal ETH address.
Can I still participate in the presale?
If you’re reading this before the presale has ended and you want to participate with more than 0.1 ETH (updated!), you can go to grain.io and register your details. That way, you’ll enter the waitlist and once you’ve been selected, you’ll receive your participation invitation.
If you didn’t get an email to join the presale, you’ll still be able to participate during the public ICO.
When will the tokens be sent to you?
In April, you will receive your GRAIN tokens. We’ll keep you updated with clear instructions of when and how exactly this will happen.
For more information please get in touch with us through Telegram so we can answer your concerns.