Our 2Q20 Digital Asset Investment Report is now available. In our report, we highlight the investment activity across the Grayscale family of products during the second quarter of 2020.
Last quarter (1Q20), we saw the most capital raised into the Grayscale family of products in one quarter. Asset raising increased significantly this quarter with 80% more capital raised compared to 1Q20, amounting to $905.8 million invested in our family of products. This record demand for Grayscale products quarter-over-quarter reflects increased demand for digital assets from individual and institutional investors alike.
To access the full 2Q20 Digital Asset Investment Report, click here — but a few additional highlights include:
- Nearly $1 Billion in Q2: Total investment into Grayscale’s family of products hit $905.8 million in 2Q20. To put that into context, that’s nearly 1.5x the capital raised during all of 2019, and following a record quarter in 1Q20, brings total capital raised in the first half of the year to $1.4 billion.
- Demand for Bitcoin Mounts and Grows for Altcoins: With $751.1M in inflows into the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust in 2Q20 — the 4th consecutive record quarter—capital into the Trust in the first half of the year alone is ~2.5x what was raised into the Trust during all of 2019. Demand for other products grew 35% quarter-over-quarter, with significant demand for Grayscale Ethereum Trust.
- Demand from New and Existing Investors: Institutional investors continued to be the dominant driver of investment capital, accounting for 84% of investment. 81% of returning institutional investors in 2Q20 have now allocated to multiple products, an increase from 71% in T12M. Additionally, new investors accounted for $124.1 million of inflows and 57% of the investor base in 2Q20, up from 49% during the T12M.
Grayscale is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager, with a proven track record and unrivaled experience. On a quarterly basis, we share our data with the market for two major reasons:
- We believe it provides a unique perspective on digital asset investment activity that is distinct from what may be commonly understood.
- It may be useful to both value and momentum investors as they seek to identify dislocations between market prices and capital flows.
As our dataset grows, we will create new analytics that can be used to identify trends in the digital asset investment landscape through the Grayscale lens.
To access the entire Digital Asset Investment Report, click here: https://gryscl.co/1H2020.
This is not an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation would be illegal, nor shall there be any sale of any security in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of that jurisdiction.