Our Q2 2019 Grayscale Digital Asset Investment Report is now available. In our report, we highlight investment activity and performance across the Grayscale family of products from April 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019.
To read the entire Grayscale Digital Asset Investment Report , please visit https://gryscl.co/Q2-19Med — but a few takeaways include:
- Recent rally in digital asset prices is supported by fresh investment: Strongest quarterly inflows since Q2 2018, with inflows into Grayscale Products nearly doubling quarter-over-quarter. Total Investment into Grayscale Products in Q2 2019 was $84.8 million, bringing total investment into Grayscale Products for the first half of the year to $127.4 million.
- With a digital asset market resurgence, Grayscale assets under management (AUM) nearly tripled: Grayscale AUM grew from $926 million at the end of Q1 2019 million to $2.7 billion at the end of Q2, and all ten investment vehicles included in the Grayscale family of products generated positive performance, net of fees for the first time.
- “Alt” investment cycle resumes: Led by Grayscale Ethereum Trust and Grayscale Ethereum Classic Trust Grayscale products — products excluding Grayscale Bitcoin Trust accounted for 24% of inflows this quarter, versus 1% in Q1 2019.
- In-kind creations on the rise: With 70% of flows attributed to investors converting tokens they already own into shares of Grayscale products, there was a significant increase of flows created from “in-kind” creations.
Grayscale is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager, with a proven track record and unrivaled experience. On a quarterly basis, we share our data with the market for two major reasons:
- We believe it provides a unique perspective on digital asset investment activity that is distinct from what may be commonly understood.
- It may be useful to both value and momentum investors as they seek to identify dislocations between market prices and capital flows.
As our dataset grows, we will create new analytics that can be used to identify trends in the digital asset investment landscape through the Grayscale lens.
*Net of Fees
This is not an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to sell or buy any security in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation would be illegal, nor shall there be any sale of any security in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of that jurisdiction.