Grape DAO Town Hall: 7th November, 2021
Discussions and Conclusions
DAO Additions and Removals
- Sub-DAOs handle their own additions and removals. The DAO constitutes the overall general structure.
New DAO Additions
New inclusions are sourced from the DAO prospects channel and the evaluation is based on the criteria shown in the table below:
The introduction of the DNQ role (Did Not Qualify), as discussed in the call, is a precautionary measure assisting in making sure members maintain proof of “skin in the game”.
How does one get the DNQ role?
In the case that an individual changes their wallet and/or sells GRAPE resulting in a loss of their respective GRAPE class, the member will be assigned the DNQ role.
Having a DNQ adds a bit of complexity to the process of entering the DAO, since it requires manual work to evaluate the cause of the role acquisition. Hence, it is strongly suggested to not engage in the aforementioned actions that would make the DAO role harder to get.
Removal due to Grape Role: Will be automatic if the GRAPE balance of a community member falls below Class A (20,000 GRAPE)
Removal due to inactivity: Will be happening once a month after discussion. This will allow some flexibility for maintaining the role in periods of occasional inactivity.
Grape Scholarships/November Emissions
Following the discussion of Grape Scholarships as a part of emissions for every epoch, this proposal submitted by Dim Selk has two aims:
- Clarify whether the scholarships will be distributed to the successful candidates or if the DAO will maintain custody in some way
- Increase the dedicated emissions amount for the initiative by 100% (from 200K to 400K GRAPE)
As it relates to the aforementioned clarification, the majority of the DAO voters have selected custody by the DAO forever.
The overall proposal, however, which includes the increase of emissions for Grape Scholarships is perfectly contested at 50–50, as of the time of writing.
As discussed in the call, more specifications will need to be made regarding the requirements for a Grape member to be eligible as a candidate for Grape Scholarships. One idea proposed by DeanTheMachine is the following:
DeanTheMachine: I would remove anyone that has a skill role from scholarships. the emissions alone are enough to get to the next class level. With that being said, maybe its also not correct to give scholarships to Class B members — at the point of going Gorilla from a scholarship — there should be some sort of skill role involved
This proposal is still ongoing. More details on the proposal and the current Discourse discussion can be found here. A final decision shall be expected after next week’s DAO call.
Getting Mobile Phones to DFA Academy for Solana Gaming/Grape Access
This is a charity-related proposal submitted by Barndog in the past week, which aims to:
- Get 5x Mobile phones (Android) to DFA Academy along with initial data for 1 month per device
- Get Gaming NFTs to these players either through donations from our supporting Solana Gaming projects from working with them and/or from our Vault — if new tooling comes about that makes this possible to retain the NFT, that would be the preference
- Introduce the players into our Grape community and events, get them playing in events and participating within Grape, and even within the Solana Gaming projects with which they will be playing
After some discussion on the topic, when it came to the financial resources needed for the success of the initiative Billy’s Discord had this to say:
Billy’sDiscord: I am not a proponent of proposals that require a sale of $GRAPE to fulfil financial resource needs. Our treasury holds a significant amount of USDC which should be used in cases like this.
Barndog has proposed several different device alternatives on different price ranges. More information regarding his proposal can be found here.
Getting non-Crypto Gamers into Crypto/ GRAPE
This proposal was submitted by Continental, a DAO member who has organized a number of gaming events on the server. The aim of this proposal is to onboard non-crypto native gamers onto Solana and Grape.
This proposal was discussed in the DAO call of the 31st of October, of which details can be found here. The voting results from this proposal have developed as follows:
In this Sunday’s call, Continental discussed amendments and responded to the feedback he had received regarding his proposal within the past week.
Specifically, the rejection of his proposal by the slight majority of the DAO voters lies in the incentive mechanism and the skepticism regarding airdropping $GRAPE. Continental discussed different compensation models and incentive mechanisms for the Facebook Gaming Group leaders and their communities of gamers that could potentially be onboarded.
Arximedis: This is an ongoing process. We need multiple events in different time zones. This will be possible as more gamers are onboarded. The questions we need to look at are: How to engage more with community partners and how do we make sure they are the right people?
Arximedis hinted at a possible submission proposal that would allow the DAO to answer these questions.
Unfinished Discussion and DAO Tasks
- Hearthstone tournament: Possible ways to increase Grape’s gaming reach by partnering up with Team Phantasma: A leading team in League of Legends and Hearthstone in Greece.
- Voting on the aforementioned proposals discussed on the DAO call