Volunteer to #GROWParis!
GROW Paris won’t be possible without the support of volunteers helping us in making this event a major festival for creative coders.
GROW Paris will be hosted between November 12 and 16 at Ground Control, a huge and very cool venue in Paris, close to Gare de Lyon. Volunteer’s contributions are key as we want to build the best experience possible for all the speakers and the attendees coming from all around the world.
The event essentially consists in:
- Nov. 12 & 13: private and paying conference at Ground Control
- Nov. 14 & 15: private and paying workshops at Pyramyd formation
- Nov. 14, 15 & 16: open and free for all sessions at Ground Control
GROW will be hosting approximately 16 speakers and 500 participants during the private days and approximately 10 more speakers during the public days.
What about the volunteering process?
Anyone who has sufficient motivation can be a volunteer. There are many ways to help us. We are listing some mandatory tasks below but please get in touch with us if you think you can contribute in any another way.
Please note that this is only an application, NOT a ticket booking.
We will review your application by looking at the responses you gave in the form and the available slots in the volunteering schedule. If we think you are the ideal person for the job, we will accept your application. You will then receive an e-mail with your conference ticket.
If you don’t get any answer after 10 working days, please consider that we already have enough people for the job you applied to.
Your commitments, our commitments
What you have to do
Attend our mandatory training session (please refer to the instruction given on your ticket)
- Volunteer at least 8 hours during the festival (see possible activities below)
- Be reliable and on time
What we give you
- Free access to all private sessions at Ground Control
- Staff t-shirt
- Easy networking with backstage and before party access
- Free food every day
- Opportunities for your professional life
- Be part of an amazing organization team !
Available volunteering roles
- Registration desk: Checking people’s tickets
- Info desk: Be there to answer any question people have or help them if they need anything
- Pictures: We want to have as many pictures as possible. You need to have proper reference to apply to this task. A link to your portfolio will be asked.
- Video recording: We need people helping us record every conference and building out a video report of the event. Proper experience is expected.
- Speakers’ host: 1 person per speaker, taking care of everything for him or her. Speaking speaker’s language is required for this job.
- Workshops’ host: 1 person per workshop tutor, taking care of everything for him. Speaking tutor’s language is required for this job.
- Before party host: Be there to help us with the private before party which will be held at Le Tank, in Bastille. What we are expecting is someone who will manage the buffet (setting up and cleaning).
- New Kids host: The New Kids session is dedicated to younger talents. They never went on stage for some of them. We want you to be the person who will take care of them and reassure them before they speak.
- Afterparty host: The afterparty will be held at Ground Control, after the New Kids session. We need someone who will manage catering and help with the set up.
- Communication: We will have a dedicated team for live coverage but any help with live-tweeting, instagramming, twitching (you name it ) is welcome.
- Build-up — Setting up the venue on Sunday night: this mostly involves a scenography work and setting up chairs altogether, moving tables, sound checking, video checking, internet checking. We need as many volunteers as possible for this task as we won’t have a lot of time
- Tear-down — (and cleanup) on Friday evening: collecting beer bottles, taking down decoration and signage, leaving the venue as we found it, cleaning. Basically, make sure we’re welcome again next year.
You can check the full schedule and available slots on this document