Developing an effective LinkedIn Marketing strategy
Launched in May 2003 as a professional networking site, LinkedIn came into existence. It has around 660 million users with a user base spread in over 200 countries.
A platform initially created with the ideology of connecting job seekers with job providers has evolved into an extremely practical marketing tool.
Developing an effective LinkedIn marketing strategy has become a very crucial step for the business to perform. Some of the benefits that an effective LinkedIn marketing strategy can yield are building brand awareness, establishing long-term professional relationships, and can help you generate leads effectively.
Why is LinkedIn's marketing strategy important?
Being frequently used by senior-level managers, decision-makers, and leaders, one of the biggest advantages of making a good marketing strategy is that it will help you to get noticed by the top-level executives. LinkedIn offers millions of opportunities for B2B marketers. A sturdy LinkedIn marketing strategy plays a key role in the success of the business.
Building brand awareness, increasing website traffic, getting quality leads are some of the many benefits that an effective marketing strategy provides.
However, it is not easy to develop without a plan. You need to have a clear understanding of your target audience.
Steps to create a successful LinkedIn marketing strategy are as follow:
- Define goals- You should be clear in yourself about the goals that the company is trying to achieve. The final objective should be pre-stated.
Some goals that companies try to achieve are
- Building brand awareness
- Generating leads
- Building goodwill
- Increasing market share
- Increasing sales.
Once the goals are set, you can start with making a marketing strategy that is focused on achieving those set of goals.
2. Understanding the audience- Determining the target audience after defining the goals is a subsequent process to develop a concrete LinkedIn marketing strategy. The various parameters for determining the target audience can be job titles, geographic location, the industry they belong to, etc. Having an understanding of the existing customer base is as important as the target customers. The focus should be on developing a plan that understands who your audience is and what their preferences are.
Using data analytics as a tool to get insights about your audience and their content preferences can be very helpful.
3. Creating a charming Company page- The biggest asset of your marketing strategy is the LinkedIn company page. It is the first thing that the target audience is ever going to interact with. The company’s page should not be complicated. It should help the audience with everything that they want to learn about the company.
There should be a logo of the company, website, the industry they belong to, company size, etc on their page so that it builds the credibility of the company in the eyes of the audience.
Also, there should be constant publishing of relevant content from the company page feed which will ensure that there is engagement with the audience.
4. Optimize- Optimizing your LinkedIn page plays an integral role in paving the way for a successful marketing strategy. A page that is optimized, easy to use helps the business to gain visibility in search results, identifying and incorporating the keywords that your audience is likely to use when searching for your products or services into the page description would result in a better-optimized page.
By giving links to the company page on the website, blogs, newsletter, etc helps in optimizing the page. Also, we can ask the employees to add the company as an employer in their LinkedIn profiles so that there are more links ultimately boosting the link profile.
5. Analyzing pages of the competitor- Having an understanding of where you stand against your competitors is equally important. Using a feature that LinkedIn offers “Companies to track” helps you to see the companies that are similar to your company and some of the key metrics.
You can see what things are working well for your competitors and you can use those tactics for improving your page as well.
6. Promote page- Just creating the page won’t be of any help to the company unless the audience is attracted to your page. Increasing visibility would lead to a successful marketing strategy. The more followers, the better would be the credibility.
Being grown into a powerful marketing tool, LinkedIn offers millions of openings to connect with senior-level managers. Understand the importance of using LinkedIn as a marketing tool. Set your goals, define your audience, make sure you have a compelling page, and make it optimized. Make use of the existing workforce to boost the audience on the company’s page and keep a track of the traffic.
Didn’t think about it yet? Well, it’s never too late. Step up your game with a strong LinkedIn marketing strategy.
Written By: Aditya for The Growup Group