What Can We Learn From The TOP 3 Return On Investment ICO׳s about Marketing
I’m working every day with dozens of ICOs from all over the world.
One of the things I question myself is:
What makes one ICO reach a great success and another one a frustrating failure?
In order to come up with an answer, I researched by checking the top 3 ICOs that gave the highest ROI to their investors and followers.
Augur (REP)- 5370% ROI since their ICO:
Augur is an open-source, decentralized, peer-to-peer oracle and prediction market platform built on the Ethereum blockchain.
· Design- From the first time I saw Augur, they always put a lot of thinking on how their website, videos, content, and platform looks.
· Community- Augur has a strong community behind them. Unlike most of the ICOs, Augur has been focusing on Discord, another great platform to build a community besides Telegram.
· AMA- As a potential ICO investor, one of the things that help me gain confidence in a project is the amount of involvement their founders board have in the community.
I don’t expect the CEO to chat with the community all day long on Telegram, but I would want to see some attention from time to time.
AMA(Ask Me Anything) is a great way to interact with the community.
Example for what Augur did: I’m Tony Sakich, Director of Marketing for Augur, AMA.
OmisGo (OMG)- 3580% ROI since their ICO:
OMG is a decentralized bank, exchange and asset-backed blockchain gateway. OMG’s ultimate goal is to be a “preeminent high-value exchange and settlement platform”.
Think of a decentralized Ripple + universal remittance bridge to an interconnect fragmented payment processors, legacy rails, and decentralized blockchains.
· International- Every company can target the Asian market, but the fact OmiseGo is from Thailand really helped to create a lot of buzz in Asian countries. This contributed a lot on OmiseGo to create a strong community and an army of followers.
· Reddit- As per my research, I saw a real clear pattern. Most of the successful ICOs and Blockchain companies grow their community on Reddit.
I believe that the decision to create a high quality subreddit for your ICO, and maintaining it comes from a deep understanding of the crypto community.
Today, Reddit is the best place for any ICO or a blockchain company to spread the word and create their community. It seems like OmisGo understood this long ago. Today, OmisGo subreddit is one of the largest and the most active subreddits in the crypto community.
Golem (GNT)- 3580% ROI since their ICO:
Golem is a global, open sourced, decentralized supercomputer that anyone can access. It is made up of the combined power of user’s machines. Anyone can use Golem to compute almost any programme, in a completely decentralized and inexpensive way.
· Marketing After The ICO- If you are in the crypto world for a while you have probably noticed that most of the ICOs become extremely inactive on social media and crypto community after the ICO ends.
I find it extremely rude. When so many people invest in an ICO, the ICO team have to keep delivering value to their community.
Golem is a great example for how a company should be. I see them constantly updating the community, creating new interesting content, improving their design and trying to make more people use Golem.
Here is a new video by Golem that says it all:
· Website- As per my experience at GuerrillaBuzz, I see hundreds of different ICOs and blockchain projects each month. Most have them are using the same design style, or just coping a design from another project. In Golem I must admit that I’m in love with their design. Golem website is clean and simple, and simultaneously manage to deliver their idea in an easy summerized way.