How to Assemble a Sustainable Team
We previously covered How to Attract the Best Collaborators. But is it possible that a fantastically talented team can bomb the delivery of a simple idea inside a hackathon’s time box? Absolutely, it happens all the time.
Among other circumstances, we often see teams fail because they are too big, too technically diverse, never synchronize their schedules or lack a viable plan. Below we offer a simple framework to help improve your odds of selecting a successful team and shipping something awesome.
- Choose team members who’s skills are within your technology stack.
- Use Pinch to adjust your scope and create an achievable plan.
- Ask the team to verbally commit to a common work schedule.
- Apply the simplest solution to problems, even if it creates technical debt.
- Take a 5-minute walk each hour as a team.
- Avoid junk food and drink copious amounts of water.
- If your teams isn’t working, the team should be sleeping.
What habits have you seen successful teams adopt consistently?