With less than a month until HackBeanpot 2018 (has the year really gone by that fast?) you may be wondering what to pack. You may know there’ll be swag and plenty of good food, but what about everything else? Fear not, we have compiled a list of everything you should bring to the hackathon.
- Laptop (duh) — it will be quite difficult to do any hacking without a laptop.
- Laptop charger — don’t be caught in the middle of a brain train only to have your computer die!
- Cell phone — communication is important.
- Phone charger
- Scrap paper / writing utensil- there might not be a whiteboard handy when you need it, so have some scrap paper ready!
- Resume (or upload one here) — land that next co-op or internship with one of our fabulous sponsors!
- Slack account — join slackbeanpot for important updates before, during, and after the event.
- Github account — Whether you’ll be working alone or on a team, github is one of the best ways to keep track of all of your code. Brush up on your skills beforehand by following this git tutorial!
- Toiletries — deodorant, toothbrush, and toothpaste are all recommended, whether you plan on staying the full 40 hours or not. We do, however, hope you’ll go home and shower during the hackathon.
- Any hardware you may need — while HackBeanpot encourages hardware hacks along with software ones, we are unable to provide materials needed for it.