Ask Anything to the teacher who founded freeCodeCamp.org — via the Hacker Noon Community
“There are so many aspects of civilization that can be improved through better systems — and software is just a way of telling computers how to enact those systems.” — Quincy Larson
Hey Hacker Noon community!
I was a 30-something teacher who learned to code and ultimately founded freeCodeCamp in 2014. I am now working on the nonprofit full-time to help expand these learning resources.
I’m doing an AMA here on Hacker Noon’s community forum. I’ll answer questions live at noon EST on Thursday, July 25. You can ask me questions in advance here on this thread, and heart other people’s questions to make sure I see them and answer them.
Excited to be here for this AMA on July 25th, 2019 at 9 am PST.
Feel free to ask a question. Talk soon!
And for additional reference, check out Hacker Noon’s past AMAs:
- Muneeb (@muneeb), Co-Founder of Blockstack
- Paul Foley (@paulnfoley), Managing Director of SmartCapital Colorado
- Carlos Domingo (@carlosdomingo) Co-Founder of Securitize
- Jeff Atwood (@codinghorror), co-founder of Stack Overflow and Discourse
- Courtland Allen (@csallen), creator of Indie Hackers
- Alicia Ferratusco (@realaliciafe), founder of Starfish Network
- Taylor Monahan (@tayvano_), CEO of MyCrypto
- Mike Kalomeni ( @KalomeniM),) cofounder of elementus.io and former rocket scientist at Caltech