This is an email from Get Better Tech Emails via HackerNoon.com, a newsletter by HackerNoon.com.
HACKER NOON + WEB MONETIZATION = ❤️
NO PAYWALLS, NO POP-UPS! 🎉 You Can Now Monetize Stories on HackerNoon.com
FYI: Medium Publication Editors blocked this newsletter from sending. Well except for sending it to one person. That lucky person. Here are the official stats:
So, you wanna earn a little spending crypto in exchange for the valuable reading time you create on HackerNoon.com?
Good news for HackerNoon.com Contributors!
- ReadWrite: “Hacker Noon Adds Quantitative Social Proof and Web Monetization Standards”
- CoinTelegraph: “Coil Invests in Hacker Noon to Deliver Streaming Micropayments”
- Nasdaq: “Hacker Noon Raises $1M From Former Ripple CTO’s Firm for Content Micro-Tipping”
- Decrypt: Hacker Noon links up with Coil to enable crypto-based micropayments
- Yahoo Finance: “Integrate Coil’s Web Monetization Technology to Pay Hacker Noon Writers Based on their Screen Time.”
- Want to interview anyone from the Hacker Noon team about this? Email us.
- Announcement: Hacker Noon Raises $1M From Coil, Will Stream Micropayments from Readers to Writers via the Browser
- How To: Web Monetization + Hackernoon ❤️
- And we’ve created, The Back to the Internet Pool
You can now accept a stream of micropayments from your loyal readers, based on the time they spend reading your words on hackernoon.com. No need to sellout while you work toward your dream influencer status and land a huge Red Bull or Red Hat deal.
How To Start Monetizing Your Content with Hacker Noon and Coil in X Steps
- Sign up as a Coil Creator (free)
- Add your digital wallet details; and
- Add your Coil payment pointer to your Hacker Noon profile* to start receiving streamed micropayments from Coil subscribers who read your stories! 🎉
*if you haven’t yet created a Hacker Noon profile, click here to get started, and here to read our complete guide to getting published on Hacker Noon.
When Hacker Noon readers subscribe to Coil for just $5/month, they’ll automatically stream micropayments to your digital wallet, based on the time they spend reading your words. This applies to all sites that are Web Monetized, not just Hacker Noon.
What’s more: everything Hacker Noon earns from Writers who don’t add their meta tags will added to the #BackToTheInternet Pool, to be donated to an internet-improving NPO chosen monthly by a vote of contributing writers.
Write more, earn more - let us know you've added your payment pointer by using the tag #web-monetization on your next Hacker Noon submission, and we'll make sure it gets top story treatment when it comes to distribution.💚
THE INTERNET WAS INVENTED TO DEMOCRATIZE KNOWLEDGE, NOT PAYWALL IDEAS.
YES: it is possible monetize content online, without resorting to the abuse of personal data, targeted advertising, paywalls, or pop-ups.
The Hacker Noon Team