Hey there! What’s up? Congratulations! We just sold our data with ‘I agree’. Remember, anytime you clicked on ‘I agree’ button just because you didn’t want to read a 600 pages terms and conditions which if you’d read you won’t understand anyway and moved on to use that software. It’s alright you didn’t sell your data, you just sold your identity😐.
But what am I talking about?
Alright cool! Let’s see what’s TCP/IP and the ‘selling procedure’. ⚡️
TCP/IP specifies how data is exchanged over the internet by providing end-to-end communications that identify how it should be broken into packets, addressed, transmitted, routed and received at the destination. TCP/IP requires little central management, and it is designed to make networks reliable, with the ability to recover automatically from the failure of any device on the network.
TCP/IP vulnerabilities and low efficiency. 😦
👉 HTTP lacks security. Vulnerable to penetration and hijacking.
👉 TLS(Transport Layer Security) has high development & learning costs.
👉 TCP 3-way handshake mechanism results in both time and bandwidth wastage.
👉 IP addresses are often tied to physical addresses which can be easily traced.
😟 The rate at which data is generated today and it’s high value, there are a number of increasing attempts to steal/modify/transfer/sell data.
“Do you know?
The data of calls you make to anyone aren’t owned by you but are the assets of your TSP(Telecommunication Service Provider)”.
Alright… So what happened because of TCP/IP? 💅
Well, almost all ISPs or any kind of VPN service provider are based on TCP/IP to transfer data from source to destination.
You think VPN is safe? haha 🎃
If not TCP/IP then What? 🤔
Tachyon is a decentralised internet protocol built on the V SYSTEMS blockchain that aims to create a trusted, stable, fast, reliable and transparent decentralised information network.
By implementing techniques from DHT, blockchain, UDP and encryption, Tachyon is committed to building the next generation TCP/IP that can provide a self-sufficient internet environment with high security, un-traceability, availability and maximum network speed.
TCP/IP vs Tachyon 👊
1.Implement ACK, FEC and bandwidth auto-scaling to improve stability.
2. Increase transfer efficiency by replacing TCP with UDP.
3. Base on Real-time routing system to choose the optimal connection.
4. Decentralized P2P network based on PPPoIP protocol, no central server to worry about storage protection and data request.
So what’s special in Tachyon? Can it protect privacy? 🔐
Tachyon Booster UDP 💥
Using DHT, blockchain and UDP to reconstruct TCP/IP protocol, coupled with application of real-time optimised routing. The TBU protocol is capable of 200%~1000% transmission acceleration in centralised network with over 90% connection success rate in complex network environment based on X-VPN experimental data. This could drastically reduce the internet cost man!
TSP (Tachyon Security Protocol) 🔑
It is a security component of Tachyon Protocol. TSP presents asymmetric end-to-end encryption scheme which is used to prevent sniffing and protocol simulation which is used in preventing attacks, circumventing firewalls and filtering. Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- End to end ECDHE-ECDSA encryption, relay nodes won’t be able to intercept the messages
- Conceal IP packet and simulate UDP, TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP traffic
- SMTP simulation: The traffic will appear to be sending Gmail
TAA (Tachyon Anti-Analysis) 🔨
Tachyon Protocol uses Tachyon Anti-analysis to decompose and forward information. It includes the following two aspects:
● The concurrent Multi-path routing scheme separates a piece of information into multiple different IP packets and then forwards them through different paths, so that single-point attacks cannot obtain all the information. 🔒
● The multi-relay forwarding scheme adopts some ideas from onion routing. The information is forwarded by multiple encryptions, so that the concurrent contribution node cannot know the forwarding content and routing path.
Where can we use Tachyon then?
● In traditional VPN, the Client places all the responsibility for network security and privacy protection on the VPN service provider, relying on it being honest and trustworthy, which is unreliable in the real business environment.
Let’s replace the Proxy Node between the Client and Content server with Tachyon Protocol network and boom! the aforementioned problem can be perfectly solved!
● The Tachyon network ensures proper identification of the nodes by using a cryptographic token residing on the established V SYSTEMS blockchain. At the same time, information asymmetry of unfamiliar nodes is reduced, ensuring the smooth operation of the network even on the largest of scales.
● Requirement that node providers “stake” a security deposit, and verify on the V SYSTEMS main chain, bring protection against Sybil and Eclipse attacks and align the interests of the Network with the Provider Node.
● The use of IPX(explained below) token provides an easy, affordable means of sharing spare bandwidth of not only the nodes, but all the network users.
Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
Decentralized Finance (DeFi) uses the blockchain technologies and smart contract to form a machine & algorithm-based trust to replace the human agents and third party-agencies with a goal to provide a transparent, efficient and low-cost financial system. This give more people the opportunity to own a stake in global financial market.
Session is the core concept in the Tachyon Protocol. In a session, the client node establishes a transaction with the provider node through the Payment Channel, and the client node uses the traffic of the provider node and pays for it.
To prevent Sybil Attack, Payment channel can only be initiated by the client nodes. The Provider nodes have the options to either accept or decline, and each provider nodes can only accept 5 Payment channels at the same time.
Either party may choose to blacklist the other party in case of distrust, and no connection will be made in the future. At the same time, this information will be broadcast to the network where other nodes may make their own judgment.
Internet of Things
What if I say that your CCTV is sending your clips somewhere else?
IoT devices are most prone to cyber attacks.
As an important part of the new generation information technology, IoT has been widely used in various industries, such as smart home, internet of vehicles, industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, environmental sensors, etc. IoT network requires a large number of nodes to interact and cooperate, so it has higher network requirements:
● P2P communication between devices;
● Low latency of transmission between devices;
● Relatively high requirements for information security during the transmission process.
● Safe and fast transfer of data between the nodes.
Hence, Tachyon protocol + internet devices could lead to much safer and better ‘Internet of things’
DNS : THE ROOT
Ever since the start of internet, whoever controlled the global DNS records, was able to actively promote or almost completely block any website. Centralisation of DNS records presents a global threat to internet freedom and transparency. Decentralised DNS will ensure complete liberalisation, and Tachyon protocol is ready for the role. By combining the speed and security improvements already outlined above, as well as using blockchain to immutably store all records, without any fear of privacy issues, or the possibility of censorship by third parties, Tachyon will provide a new-generation, transparent DNS platform for all.
IPX token is a native cryptocurrency of the Tachyon network that resides on the V SYSTEMS blockchain. The token provides an easy means of sharing spare bandwidth among users.
IPX tokens can be used for identity verification and make the protocol driven by DAO. It creates an incentive and cooperative mechanism.
To reduce the integration expense for the blockchains, ensure proper encapsulation and reduce the difficulty of development, Tachyon Protocol shall provide a standard SDK which blockchain networks can easily integrate with their technological stack.
But Why should we trust that Tachyon’s development will not have any glitches?
Co-launched by V SYSTEMS and X-VPN
- V SYSTEMS is built by the creator of POS, Sunny King and it’s cryptocurrency VSYS coin ranked top 50 Cryptocurrency on CoinMarketCap.
- VSYS coin has been listed on 15 major top global exchanges.
X-VPN has 50 Million Users and is a global VPN provider. It literally covers 200 countries!.
They have top-notch data scientists and engineers focus on the online security & encryption solution development Over 5 years.
Hope you enjoyed reading 👏. For more learning resources, please refer
- Official Site: https://tachyon.eco
- White Paper: https://tachyon.eco/TachyonWhitePaper.pdf
- OnePager: https://tachyon.eco/onePaper.pdf
Follow me on Medium and LinkedIn