This week wrapped up our current release cycle, with lots of exciting additions to our platform. Read on to see what we’ve been up to!
Halo Currency & Exchange
With yesterday’s major release, HaloDEX now supports additional coins:
- Bitcoin (BTC) — Also available as a new base trading currency
- 0x (ZRX)
- OmiseGO (OMG)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Our system allows ERC-20 based tokens to be added to the DEX quickly and easily. Support for additional coins and tokens is already underway.
A Note on BTC Sweeps
With the addition of BTC, we have had a number of questions with regards to timing and frequency of sweeps. Simply put, users wonder how long will it take for BTC to appear in HaloDEX. We’ve published this handy guide to help answer that:
- Every 20 minutes we check balance of all deposit addresses for BTC and if it has a balance great enough for us to sweep, then transfer the BTC from your deposit account into our holding account
- We then wait for 3 confirmations on the tx (deposit -> holding) before we allow that sweep to be credited halo BTC
- Continuing on the 20 minute sweep cycle we also check for tx’s with at least 3 confirmations and then credit the halo BTC
We are continuing to work on optimizations to the system to perform sweeps more frequently in upcoming releases.
It has been a while since we gave you an update on HaloX progress. With HaloDEX taking the spotlight, the centralized exchange has flown under the radar for a few sprints. That’s not to say there hasn’t been progress though! The team have been hard at work on hardening and testing the system.
Over the past few sprints the team has:
- Completed the integration test suite which allows us to execute over 100 intensive tests after making any changes / additions to the codebase
- Created extensive procedure documentation for deployment / operations
- Tested system scalability and made improvements to the API layer that will allow for a larger user base
- Hardened all back end code to mitigate attacks or system failures
- Performed various optimizations to the back end code base including risk calculations and matching performance updates
Right now the team is wrapping up work on the Wallet API that will allow deposits/withdrawals to be made; in addition to further hardening, testing, and optimizations. We will focus on the exchange website in the coming few sprints.
This week we had a series of major releases to bring user experience and performance enhancements to the platform. Details of each release are below:
Chrome Extension v1.3.0:
- Warning messages when https://status.haloplatform.tech is reporting an issue
- Popup UI now allows you to send HALO to other accounts and view your balances
- Popup UI now has feature parity with account control
- Rename account has been added to extension
- Balances update in real time when popup is open
- Resolves an issue where users could experience lag when loading MN marketplace
- Stability improvements for RPC
More wallet functionality in the extension popup
A new look with the same easy access to your favorite Dapps
Masternode DAPP v2.7.2:
- Displays current rewards contract address when provisioning a self hosted masternode
- Users can now have more than 2 public sell orders at a time
HaloDEX v4.0.0 and v4.0.4:
- Properly normalize values when using different decimals
- Improve data visualization on Trading view and display more than 24 hour history
- Landing page now shows more than 5 market pairs
- Fixed a bug that prevented real time updates of balances on balance page
- BTC is now a new base on HaloDEX
- ZRX, OMG, USDC, and BAT are now trading on HaloDEX
As our presence in the greater community continues, we are excited to be listed on cryptorank.io. CryptoRank provides crowd-sourced and professionally curated research, analysis and market-moving news to help market participants make more informed trading decisions.
You can see our price performance page here: https://cryptorank.io/currencies/halo-platform/price-chart.
HALO Coin on CryptoRank
HaloDEX on CryptoRank
Did you know? There are detailed instructions and walkthroughs of the Halo Platform on our wiki and tutorials on our YouTube channel. Let us know if there is something you’d like to see there, and we will gladly add it!
Originally published at community.haloplatform.tech.