Dear Community, this past week, we made progress on growing our Mainnet, launching Pangaea to 84 countries, and listing on Bitmax. See the live document here.
- Completed a rolling network upgrade on August 9, scaling to 30% external participation with 248 external nodes.
- Completed another rolling upgrade on August 12, scaling to 31% external participation with 272 external nodes.
- Introduced Effective Proof of Stake (EPoS), a new staking model that avoids stake centralization and is efficient for sharding-based blockchains.
- We created user guides and a FAQ guide for Pangaea.
- One-Click Deploy is now available for Pangaea.
- Supported new node deployment on AWS and GCP using terraform.
- Published a Post-mortem doc for the August 5th shard3 down issue.
- Launched Pangaea, our take on game of stakes, receiving 1,872 signups from 84 countries in the first 108 hours.
- 317 nodes are already up and running.
- We announced a joint-acquisition of digital collectible company Quidd with our gaming partner, Animoca.
- Our total trading volume passed 200 + mil this past week.
Marketing & Community
- Listed on @BitMax_Official.
- Mentioned in an article written by Ash Egan on the #CryptoMafia, a term describing the movement of early employees who left tech giants to start their own companies.
- Held an AMA in our Telegram Community on our @BitMax_Official listing.
- Awarded our Staking Content Competition Winners with ONE tokens and Harmony merchandise.
- Translated tweets and articles for Weibo and WeChat.
- Helped community members to become FN in our mainnet, held one AMA.
- Tencent wrote a tech report on our joint-acquisition with Quidd and Animoca.