This week we upgraded our Mainnet, announced our Bitmax listing, and more. This is a live document that anyone can comment on and our team will provide answers here.
- Completed a rolling upgrade to the mainnet with Epoch transition support. Expanded from 600 to 800 nodes in Harmony Mainnet Phase 2.
- Epoch transition is fully enabled on the mainnet. After the 1st epoch, 8 additional foundational nodes were added into the network. Another 48 foundational nodes were added after the next epoch transition.
- Integrated the new distributed randomness generation using the VRF/VDF algorithm into our master branch. Merged the two external PRs of the VDF repo, which is the first golang implementation of VDF in the industry.
- Passed 1.5 million blocks on Mainnet.
- Set up user guide for running a Harmony node on Vultr.
- Created monitoring tool to manage each individual offline node, with CPU/RAM/Disk/Network metrics.
- Hired a full stack contract developer to build the Pangaea website — Edgar Aroutiounian.
- We created a user guide for Pangaea.
- Andy Wu joined our engineering team full time in August to build metrics, dashboard, and manage the Harmony nodes in the blockchain network.
- We have joined the Proof of Stake Alliance.
- Submitted two listing proposals to add $ONE/$BTCB and $ONE/$USDB as trading pairs on Binance DEX.
- Coinbase explores support for new digital assets, including Harmony.
Marketing & Chinese Community
- Updated our Harmony Merchandise Store with a full selection of swag.
- Announced a partnership with Morpheus Labs, a Blockchain Platform-as-a-Service (BPaaS) and App Marketplace which enables organisations and developers to rapidly design, deploy and operate distributed ledgers at a fraction of the current cost and time.
- Weixin group chat brought in 42 new community members; held one AMA.
- Translated our past two Transparency Tuesdays for the Chinese Community; typesetting released three WeChat public articles.
- Completed the follow-up award distribution of Bihu solicit articles.
- $ONE Foundational Node Raffle brought in 20% more community members.