50p comes to Mumbai; Fifthel meetup in Pune; Meta Refresh and CMS conf announced
The HasGeek Newsletter ✉️ — July 5th
This weeks biggest news was definitely the GST rollout in India. I mean, when was the last time you saw the entire nation discussing about something which is for the larger good of the nation in the long term? *cough*
Most companies are having a tough time understanding how they’re impacted or they’re dealing with the implications.
What’s happening at our end?
50p Mumbai event on 8 July — who should attend? Why you should attend?
On 8 July, we have organized the Mumbai edition of 50p. At this edition, we have brought together:
- Product managers and developer teams from payments and banking organizations.
- Policy advocates.
- Open data enthusiasts.
Our goal is to discuss:
- How UPI has fared in its first year?
- Interoperability including a 101 session on BharatQR code.
- Blockchain and its role in fostering trust and decentralization in payments.
- Role of automation, open data and current issues in grievance redressal.
Speakers for this event include representatives from NPCI, PSPs, Coinsecure, Razorpay, GO-JEK, CashlessConsumr The Ken, and CUTS.
If you are working on payments, or you are an enthusiast who wants to know more, you should definitely attend. Our goal is to facilitate greater collaboration among stakeholders to build a vibrant payments ecosystem in India.
Announcing CMS (Content Management Systems) conf on 1 December, at the NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore
Internet companies are increasingly dealing with the challenge of managing, distributing and showing content to users. You could be in any business — media, e-commerce, publishing, online news, or a non-profit — your challenges range from evaluating the competitive advantages of building a CMS, to making the right choices when moving from print to digital, or choosing a low maintenance CMS which can be optimized for different use cases in the same organization.
At the CMS conf, we intend to bring together:
- Power users of social networking platforms and blogging sites,
- Business decision-makers in media,
- Designers working on information architecture and CMS UX,
among others, to discuss the business and engineering questions underlying the CMS each stakeholder works with, and how this impacts the future of digital media.
We have opened the CfP here: https://metarefresh.talkfunnel.com/cms-conf-2017/
You should propose a talk, be it your story of working with CMS, or how a CMS system has / hasn’t worked for your use case.
Website and tickets coming up next week! Sit on the edge of your seat because this is going to be one exciting event!
Announcing Meta Refresh 2017
The 2017 edition of Meta Refresh will take place on 30 November, at the NIMHANS Convention Centre. The event will feature two tracks:
- Case studies of visual design, motion design and building User Interfaces for the web and mobile.
- CSS — engineering challenges underlying the choice of frameworks, and related issues.
This year’s edition is open to 250 participants. The CfP is open here: https://metarefresh.talkfunnel.com/2017/
The Fifth Elephant Pune meetup on 8 July
On Saturday, 8 July, we’re putting together a meetup and workshop at Wingify’s office in Pune. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow data science enthusiasts and individuals who work on interesting data engineering and analytics projects.
We’ll have two talks and a workshop at the meetup-
- Harshad Saykhedkar, head of data science at Sokrati, will conduct a workshop on ‘introduction to recommendation systems with Python’.
- Swapnil Dubey, Data Engineer at Schlumberger, will be giving a talk on ‘time processing and watermarks using Google Pub\Sub and Google DataFlow’.
- Yash Gandhi and Srinivas N, data scientists at Helpshift, will talk about ‘finding topics in short texts’.
If you’d like to attend the meetup, RSVP here: https://fifthelephant.in/2017/pune-meetup
Design open house at HasGeek house this Friday
As part of our monthly design house at HasGeek, we’re organizing one this Friday on building a design community in Bangalore. We’ll have Noopur Varma & Hardik Pandya facilitate this discussion.
The will revolve around the moot question: what kind of anchor(s) does the design community need in Bangalore? Why are there multiple communities? If you are passionate about design and community, you should come over!
RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/145817529307226/
Time: 7 PM to 8 PM
Venue: HasGeek House
- JSFoo- Call for proposals is open again: https://jsfoo.talkfunnel.com/2017/
- Anthill Inside- Call for proposals is still open till the 10th of July:https://anthillinside.talkfunnel.com/2017/
- ReactFoo- Call for proposals has been extended till 30th of July: https://reactfoo.talkfunnel.com/2017/
- Should you be interested in speaking at the open house, or conducting a workshop, write to me on email@example.com.
That’s it from our end. Have a great week!
Prefer this in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.