Being at ReactFoo, getting started as a developer, and state management
ReactFoo is on a roll this year with amazing participation from the community in India. At ReactFoo Mumbai earlier this year, we hosted a few discussions around State Management, Getting started as a front end developer and more.
Check out what was discussed and how you can get involved:
Being at ReactFoo Mumbai
The ReactFoo community buzzes with activity around every meet up, workshop, or conference. If you missed attending any of the previous sessions on React, read Praveen Puglia’s blog on his experience at ReactFoo Mumbai.
Getting started as a front-end developer in 2018
“Learn the basics of JS before you jump into a framework!”
If you’ve ever been told this when trying to learn something new in Front end development, Souvik Basu, a speaker at ReactFoo Mumbai, has summarised the discussions from the BoF on Getting started with Front-end development in 2018.
All about state management!
Do you ever wonder how Netflix knows your previously watched episodes and even the exact moment where you paused your show?
Ankita Goyal talks about state management and summarises the discussions at the BoF on State Management at ReactFoo Mumbai!
If you’re reading all this and wondering how you can be a part of this awesome community, check out the event below and sign up!
ReactFoo Delhi 2018
ReactFoo will be in Delhi this August for a single day event with talks & Birds of a Feather discussions. We’re still accepting talk submissions, and tickets are open!
Date: 18 August 2018
Venue: TBA, Delhi
Speaking of getting involved in the community, have you checked out Hasjob, our community job board? We’ve listed a few you might find interesting below.
- New Delhi 5 JunFront End Developer — myHQ (Justwork Technologies Pvt Ltd)
- Pune 4 JunFront end developer — Cyphertree Technologies Pvt ltd
Anthill Inside 2018
This year, the conference will broadly cover the following topics:
- Concepts and applications — theoretical concepts in deep learning, AI and machine learning — and how these have been applied in real life situations / specific domains
- Latest tools, frameworks, libraries — how to choose the right technology stack for your needs
- Building AI products — the journey of arriving at product, when to use AI, deep learning or machine learning
- Applications of AI — how computer vision, NLP, speech recognition and video analytics are applied in various domains and in building products
- AI in Hardware — how AI is being used in self-driving cars, robots etc, how to build high performance systems using GPUs to power AI, other major developments like Google’s TPU
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to stay updated about the developments in machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence
- Anyone who is part of a team building an AI product
- Members of the academia who want to understand real-world developments and how concepts are being applied
Why you should attend?
More and more businesses are adopting AI to solve their problems. Come to Anthill Inside 2018 and listen to talks by fellow researchers and practitioners about the challenges they faced in their AI journey! Join discussions on topics of your interest and interact with experts.
Get started with deep learning for image and text
Looking for a mix of theory and practical application of concepts in computer vision and natural language processing? Join Amit Kapoor and Bargava Subramanian at a two-day bootcamp, with eight sessions of about two hours each. Sessions include CNNs, RNNs, Transfer Learning and other relevant concepts that will help you jumpstart your journey with deep learning.
Date: 23 and 24 July
Venue: to be announced
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on each day
Hackathon: Data in Healthcare
Are you a data enthusiast interested in exploring healthcare domain? Don’t miss this opportunity to explore, meet like minded geeks and have fun at Hacknight on Data in Healthcare this Saturday.
If you’re interested in working on clean air, Yogesh has a post about what they’re trying to do and how you can get involved. Check out the post here.
Date: 09–10 June 2018
Venue: HasGeek House
Importance of DevSecOps and the first step
Do you take DevSecOps seriously? Are you worried it’ll slow down your development life cycle?
Check out the summary of the BoF on the importance of DevSecOps from Rootconf 2018!
On our radar
PayU CodeUp Bangalore
PayU is hosting the tenth edition of CodeUp series in Bangalore, a 3-hour session where you’ll hear about the latest happenings in Cloud Native Application Architecture.
When: 9th June 2018, Saturday
Time: 4.00 PM to 7.00 PM
Where: 91Springboard, Gopala Krishna Complex, №45/3 Residency Road, MG Road, Bengaluru 560025
1. Mohamed Imran K R, Co-Founder at E2E Networks Limited.
2. Vivek Sridhar, Developer Advocate, Digital Ocean
3. Kalyanasundaram Somasundaram, Lead Devops Engineer at Media.Net
HasGeek is a partner for this event.
CTOTalk by OrangeScape
OrangeScape will be hosting Vibhore Sharma, CTO — Naurki.com (Info Edge) for the next CTOTalk session on “The Untold Naukri Tech Story: Thriving in Chaos”
Date: 23rd June 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 10.30 am to 1.00 pm
Venue: OrangeScape Technologies, Tidel Park, Chennai
Calendar of events
- Hacknight: Data in healthcare — 9–10 June, Bangalore
- Building data products at Uber — 15 June, Bangalore
- Role of data science in fraud detection — 23 June, Bangalore
- Deep Learning Bootcamp — 23–24 July, Bangalore