How complex is it to handle the ‘business’ of data?
Managing data is not simply about building pipelines and running algorithms. It involves managing teams and handling fundamental issues such as data quality, and managing compliance with governmental standards, among others.
This year’s edition of The Fifth Elephant seeks to unravel these complexities and start a dialogue towards collaboration and experience sharing. The following talks will set the context for this:
- Dr. Vikram Vij’s case study of building Bixby and handling data at the scale of such a massive project in Samsung.
- Achal Shah’s discussion on why Uber built Michelangelo to improve workflows and collaboration between data scientists and data engineers.
- Ramanan Balakrishnan’s talk on project management and failures in implementing machine learning.
Stay tuned here for more announcements next week.
Date: 26 and 27 July
Venue: NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore
Talks at Anthill inside this year
Have you seen the schedule for Anthill Inside this year? The 2018 edition is designed to bring academics and practitioners together for a day full of talks, discussions and networking.
Some notable talks include:
- AI for India — Shailesh Kumar | Chief Data Scientist, CoE AI/ML at Jio
- A very gentle introduction to deep reinforcement learning and applications — Prof. Balaraman Ravindran, Professor, IIT Madras
- The Sentimental Computer- the Art and Science of Making Computers Understand Sentiment and Emotion — Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Director, IIT Patna
- Building Knowledgeable Machines — Partha Pratim Talukdar, Assistant Professor, IISc Bangalore
- Going beyond what and asking why: Explainability in Machine/Deep Learning Vineeth N Balasubramanian, Associate Professor, IIT Hyderabad
- Product Size Recommendation for Fashion E-commerce — Dr. Lavanya Tekumalla, Machine Learning Scientist / Independent consultant.
- Technologies on Learning Real-time Object Detection In The Absence of Large-scale Datasets by Vijay Gabale, CTO and co-founder, Infilect.
- Machine Learning on Sarcasm Detection : Achilles Heel of sentiment analysis — Anuj Gupta
Like what you see? Let us know by buying a ticket today!
Complicate state management, slow down your apps, disable your teams: shock and awe at ReactFoo Delhi
We just found out this morning that it is perfectly alright to destroy your React codebase — completely!
Here is what Siddharth Kshetrapal, proponent of this argument, has to say.
Siddharth Kshetrapal talks about how it’s okay to destroy your React codebase.Don’t wait no more. Vote on talks for ReactFoo Delhi:Vote on talksAnd check out the next set of confirmed talks as the conference schedule is shaping up. ReactFoo Delhi will be held at the India International Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
Workshops leading up to Anthill Inside and The Fifth Elephant
The Fifth Elephant workshops
Math for Data science
A solid math foundation is indispensable if one has to get into Data Science in a honest-to-goodness way. For most us math was just a means to get better scores and never really a means to understand the world around us. The workshop will help develop an intuitive understanding of the concepts and hence let go of the fear of rigorous notation and embrace the rationale behind it.
Date: 28 July 2018
Anthill inside workshops
Learning representations of text for NLP
Learn and implement a end-to-end deep learning model for natural language processing in this two day instructor-led hands-on bootcamp.
Date: 28–29 July 2018
Time: 9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Deep Learning Bootcamp
Learn the theory and practical concepts of building a deep learning solution in the space of computer vision and natural language processing. The bootcamp will ensure that participants takeaway the learnings of key concepts and would be able to apply them to a problem.
Date: 23–24 July 2018
On our radar
CTOTalk by OrangeScape
OrangeScape will be hosting Vibhore Sharma, CTO — Naurki.com (Info Edge) for the next CTOTalk session on “The Untold Naukri Tech Story: Thriving in Chaos”
Date: 23rd June 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 10.30 AM to 1.00 PM
Venue: OrangeScape Technologies, Tidel Park, Chennai
Startup Window: Smart Building
NUMA is back with another Startup Window in partnership with 91Springboard. The theme for this edition is “Smart building”. The event aims to bring actors from various fields to create value for everyone and showcase path-breaking innovations to the ecosystem.
Date: 28 June 2018
Time: 6:00 PM — 9:00 PM
Venue: NUMA Bengaluru
AI Day @Treebo
If you’re interested in exploring the various themes around cutting-edge AI and lessons learnt from productionizing them, drop in for a single day event at Treebo Hotels.
Date: 30 June 2018
Time: 10:30 AM — 4:00 PM
Location: Treebo Hotels, AMR Tech Park, Block 1, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli, Bangalore
IoT Unplugged: Hands on workshop for beginners
Our friends at Devopedia are organising a 1-day hands-on workshop where you get to work with actual hardware, write and understand code with guidance from experts, and learn key skills to implement your IoT ideas.
Date: 30 June 2018
Time: 9:30 AM — 5:30 PM
Venue: Texas Instruments, Bagmane Tech Park, Bangalore
- Bangalore — Senior Software Engineer (Big Data) — dataxu
- Bangalore, Hyderabad — Lead Computer vision engineer — Snap2Insight
- Chennai — Backend engineers (ML, AI, Concurrent programming) — PaperVC
- Gurgaon — Artificial intelligence Architect — Mastercard
- Bangalore — Machine Learning Engineer — R/Python (2–3 yrs) — crowdanalytix
- Pune — Data Engineer — AdElement Media Solutions Pvt Ltd
Calendar of events
- Role of data science in fraud detection — 23 June, Bangalore
- Deep Learning Bootcamp — 23–24 July, Bangalore