Hedera Hashgraph Releases Open Source SDK & Announces Final Speaker Lineup For Hedera18 Developer Conference
Dallas TX — Oct 10, 2018 — Hedera Hashgraph, a next-generation distributed public ledger with highly diversified governance, today announced the public release of the Hedera SDK in Java. The SDK is open sourced under an Apache 2 license, and can be found at https://github.com/hashgraph/hedera-sdk-java. With the SDK, developers can now begin to develop Hedera-based applications for use on the Hedera platform.
The Hedera Java SDK supports the three services offered on the Hedera platform — cryptocurrency, file storage, and smart contracts. It provides developers with an easy introduction to the Hedera API, allowing them to exploit all of its features and quickly progress from “Hello Future” to truly amazing applications.
The SDK also includes examples for all three Hedera platform services and all supported functions, which can be easily modified to get an application up and running in minutes. For enhanced cryptographic security, the SDK provides all the necessary tools for generating public/private key pairs and digitally signing transactions.
Hedera18 Developer Conference
In addition, Hedera released the final conference lineup for Hedera18, the inaugural hashgraph developer conference, which will be held on October 17th in Dallas, Texas, and live streamed at learn.hederahashgraph.com/livestream. A global, decentralized hackathon, which gives developers the first opportunity to develop on the Hedera platform, will take place on Oct 15th and 16th in Bangalore, Dallas, London, Moscow, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. Interested teams can register at hedera18.com. The program lineup for Oct 17th is as follows:
- The Hedera Hashgraph Advantage: Smart Contracts, File Storage and Cryptocurrency with Mance Harmon, CEO and Co-founder, Hedera
- Hedera Cryptoeconomics with Dr. Leemon Baird, Chief Scientist and Co-founder, Hedera
- The Future of Micropayments with Hedera Hashgraph with Patrick Harding, Hedera, and Jon West, Thomson Reuters
- Hedera Hashgraph Decentralized Applications Panel, moderated by Leslie Ankney, Forbes Cryptomarkets, with John Best (Best Innovation Group), Michael Feng (CoinAlpha), Nhat Thai Nguyen (Organify), Simon Olson (Magazine Luiza), and Daniel Rice (Sagewise)
- Hedera API: Cryptocurrency 101 with Craig Drabik, TxMQ
- Managing Energy Microgrids using Decentralized Structured Databases with Jiro Occolt, Guard Global
- The Power of the Memo Field with Ken Anderson, Hedera
- Carbon: Accessible, Stable Money with Sam Trautwein, Carbon
- Hedera for Music Streaming Micropayments with Andrew Antar and Brian Antar, Hearo.fm
- Deep Dive: Formal Methods with Dr. Leemon Baird
- Messaging, Gaming, and Mingo with Joe Arthur, Mingo
- Tracking Drug Shortages with Open APIs and Hedera Hashgraph with Jim Nasr, Certara
- Almond — The Reward Platform Changing the World One Scan at a Time with Oliver Bolton, Almond
- Demystifying Distributed Ledgers with Paul Madsen, Hedera
- Smart Contracts: From Zero to Dapp Hero with John Gethoefer, Melissa Global Intelligence
- Closing Keynote, Hackathon Awards, and Hedera MVP Announcement with Dr. Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon, Hedera
The Hedera hashgraph platform will offer a distributed public ledger that enables anyone to easily develop globally decentralized applications. Developers can build secure, fair, blazing-fast decentralized applications on top of the Hedera hashgraph platform. For more information, visit hedera.com, or follow us on Twitter at @hashgraph, Telegram at t.me/hederahashgraph, or Discord at hedera.com/discord. The Hedera whitepaper can be found at hedera.com/whitepaper.
For Media Inquiries
T: 1.833.794.7537 x 717