It took a while, but I am finally back with Hathor Snapshot, my love letter for the Community covering what happened with Hathor Network during a definite period.
First, an apology: though I intended to keep it bi-weekly, Hathor Snapshot #2 is coming out exactly only two months later.
The main reason behind this delay is that we are mega busy with everything happening at Hathor Labs, mainly due to our Grant Program being my top priority when it comes to comms.
For the moment where I am writing, we have over 15 applications while working with several partners such as Startup Hubs and blockchain academies to spread the message and bring more people to build on our ecosystem in parallel.
Since last week, some media outlets have joined us to spread the Grant Program word, including Cointelegraph and Cointelegraph Brasil.
Our team is growing.
Some quite fantastic news on this front for you all:
- Layla Mendes rejoined Hathor Network as CFO.
- Last month, EyeofCyber started as a content lead for Hathor Network. Cyber is working with writers to create introductory articles to be spread around the web on Hathor.
- We are pleased to be adding to our fronts our community member Trond Bjoroy, whom you all know as one of the biggest explainers about Hathor Network tech.
- Trond is a very technical guy and a natural explainer of complicated tech. He will be working with me on the content side, primarily with institutional writing about Hathor Network on our Medium channel.
- Next week we will introduce our first Community Manager, who will work together with the BlockUnify team. He comes to help us building our view for Hathor in the following years: a genuinely vibrant ecosystem.
- Expect events (also in videos, finally!), including their introduction to our Community with a Q&A.
- Heads up: during the event, there will be some longtime asked perks for the attendees. 😎
By the way, check 11 Questions asked by our Community in the article below.
Hathor kicks off the Local Communities Initiative with the India chapter.
Our community member Satish Kushwah became our first official local Community Lead, fully supported by Hathor.
His first duties will be managing the Hathor India telegram group and overseeing communications and translations.
Cathor is a community coin built on the Hathor Network and minted by its CEO, Yan Martins. It’s mined by “proof of meme,” in which community members create memes and tweets about Hathor and Cathor and are rewarded for their efforts with CTHOR coins.
Additionally, CTHOR can be earned by being active on the Telegram chat and being helpful to others.
There is a limited supply of 30,000 CTHOR (each of which can be broken down into 100 “cats”), and it’s impossible to mint more. 25,000 coins are being distributed to supporters for free over several months. After that, we plan to list on HathorSwap.
Cathor is a thriving community and is growing larger by the day. With its limited supply and attachment to the Hathor ecosystem, we expect demand will rise alongside HTR. We’re confident that Cathor’s fans will stay active and engaged well into the future.
Jean-Marc, one of the creators of Cathor says:
“Our initial idea was to spread the word about Hathor Network and to reward people doing so. What started as late-night brainstorm has now grown to something really special. The Cathor community is hyped, helpful and fun. Cathor (an Egyptian cat goddess) is officially the first Meme Coin built on Hathor.
The distribution of CTHOR is fair and earned by “Proof of Meme (PoM)” and we’re definitely excited about the future.”
You can join Cathor on their official Telegram channel.
We are well aware of what users are experiencing regarding withdrawals and deposits on the platform and working relentlesly to have it sorted out.
For an official statement, please refer to my post on Telegram below:
Next Snapshot: April
Probably this will be my last edition writing Snapshot, but don't worry.
My idea is that I will pass the baton for our new Community Manager and head towards supporting more and more Hathor Labs on institutional communication and project developments.
And there are many in the pipeline.
I hope you enjoyed my letter to you all,
Communications and Marketing Manager Hathor Network
PS: WEN DAO IN HTR?
About Hathor Network
Hathor Network is a PoW-based novel distributed ledger architecture using both DAG and blockchain data structures intertwined. Built having in mind scalability, usability, and decentralization, our network uses the HTR token’s unique design to solve significant bottlenecks preventing the broad adoption of the technology.
Hathor Network has been in mainnet since January 2020, experiencing exponential growth in the number of custom tokens, active wallets, and mining hashrate.